I love reptiles

Location (City and/or State)
Grand Haven
Hi again, so I know its probably hella bad for my Tortoise to eat hair but she doesn't do it often since I clean her tank every day but my grandma doesn't like her or my cat so sometimes my cat is in my room (my cat loves my tortoise and never tried to hurt her unlike my mom's dog). Now I get most of the hair out and away. But sometimes she got a piece I missed. She usually passes it completely fine but I just wanna know if it is super bad and if I am a bad tortoise parent. Also is it normal for them to try fighting their reflection?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
It is not good on two points. Eating hair can cause an impaction and the tortie could hurt the cat (getting bite). Also substrate is similar to litter... so.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi again, so I know its probably hella bad for my Tortoise to eat hair but she doesn't do it often since I clean her tank every day but my grandma doesn't like her or my cat so sometimes my cat is in my room (my cat loves my tortoise and never tried to hurt her unlike my mom's dog). Now I get most of the hair out and away. But sometimes she got a piece I missed. She usually passes it completely fine but I just wanna know if it is super bad and if I am a bad tortoise parent. Also is it normal for them to try fighting their reflection?
How is the tortoise gaining access to the cat hair?

I love reptiles

Grand Haven
She has a habitat that takes half of my room and its pretty low to the ground so the cat will walk by and her hair drifts into the habitat.