Cat grass and hamster ball [emoji23][emoji23]

Emily Contreras

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Thanks hun, I just saw your post too. What type of basking light do you use and what are you feeding him?
Yeah I won't put mine outside until bigger because predators. At last measurement his shell was 2 1/4 inches the 8/4/2018
I feed him dehydrated food that you add water to, and it comes back to life i guess.. It has calcium in it and all the stuff he needs.. Its called, "reptile munchies vegetable mix" He LOVES IT and I sprinkle some grass on it, hes a fatty so he eats it all. And My basking light is this old light I have used for all my reptiles in the past, seems to work well. Its a red light, and I turn it off at night and turn the heatpad on instead, that way it is atleast 80 degrees at all times, with his cold side being about 75 degrees too. The humidity is 80% and the glass gets foggy (which i guess is good) When did yall get your babies

Peru IN
I feed him dehydrated food that you add water to, and it comes back to life i guess.. It has calcium in it and all the stuff he needs.. Its called, "reptile munchies vegetable mix" He LOVES IT and I sprinkle some grass on it, hes a fatty so he eats it all. And My basking light is this old light I have used for all my reptiles in the past, seems to work well. Its a red light, and I turn it off at night and turn the heatpad on instead, that way it is atleast 80 degrees at all times, with his cold side being about 75 degrees too. The humidity is 80% and the glass gets foggy (which i guess is good) When did yall get your babies
I've heard that colored lights are actually mess with them for some reason. Did anything change before he started to not really eat?
We got ours around August 1st [emoji4] and have been researching and etc like crazy lol. And he is surely thriving [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4] do u have pics of your baby??

Peru IN
I've heard that colored lights are actually mess with them for some reason. Did anything change before he started to not really eat?
We got ours around August 1st [emoji4] and have been researching and etc like crazy lol. And he is surely thriving [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4] do u have pics of your baby??
From what they say if the lights are colored it confuses them and makes them think they are looking at flowers everywhere aka red flowers. They say to use white I guess. I know the night time one I have doesn't emit any color and the day time one I got is white. And it even helps give them uv rays incase they don't get outdoors enough for some reason at a young age so they stay healthy. It's kind of pricey but the bulb is guaranteed for a yr so worth it lol. Maybe that has anything to do with his shell and eating? I know mine was having a problem with one of his eyes and once I got this new light it was like night and day! hope that helps any! 20180825_143146.jpeg20180825_143236.jpeg20180825_143206.jpeg

Emily Contreras

Arizona
Nothing changed, he probably didn't start to eat because he was upside down on the road when we found him, he was so hot, and on the verge of death, but hes so happy now. I love him! And really? If thats right, im going to switch out his light! and YES I do have pics of my bab, His names saturn haha here saturnbab.JPG

Peru IN
Nothing changed, he probably didn't start to eat because he was upside down on the road when we found him, he was so hot, and on the verge of death, but hes so happy now. I love him! And really? If thats right, im going to switch out his light! and YES I do have pics of my bab, His names saturn haha here View attachment 249406
Oh wow!!!! I've never seen an all white one he is gorgeous!!!! And that is awesome that y'all rescued him [emoji176][emoji176][emoji176] great job!!! But yes this day bulb has made ours THRIVE and he even does laps now it's awesome to watch [emoji4][emoji4]

Emily Contreras

Arizona
From what they say if the lights are colored it confuses them and makes them think they are looking at flowers everywhere aka red flowers. They say to use white I guess. I know the night time one I have doesn't emit any color and the day time one I got is white. And it even helps give them uv rays incase they don't get outdoors enough for some reason at a young age so they stay healthy. It's kind of pricey but the bulb is guaranteed for a yr so worth it lol. Maybe that has anything to do with his shell and eating? I know mine was having a problem with one of his eyes and once I got this new light it was like night and day! hope that helps any! View attachment 249407View attachment 249408View attachment 249409
oh my, I didn't know this! I will try it out, Its probably more aesthetically pleasing, you know, rather than seeing red all night lol.

Emily Contreras

Arizona
Oh wow!!!! I've never seen an all white one he is gorgeous!!!! And that is awesome that y'all rescued him [emoji176][emoji176][emoji176] great job!!! But yes this day bulb has made ours THRIVE and he even does laps now it's awesome to watch [emoji4][emoji4]
Thanks so much! I will get a white one tmr! Thanks for the info!

Peru IN
oh my, I didn't know this! I will try it out, Its probably more aesthetically pleasing, you know, rather than seeing red all night lol.
Yeah our night light looks bluish purple at the bulb but doesn't actually put out any color in the tank, then the day bulb is the one I sent pics of the boxes. That day bulb made a WORLD of difference. And having no visible light just heat let's them rest easier at night [emoji4][emoji4]

Emily Contreras

Arizona
Yeah our night light looks bluish purple at the bulb but doesn't actually put out any color in the tank, then the day bulb is the one I sent pics of the boxes. That day bulb made a WORLD of difference. And having no visible light just heat let's them rest easier at night [emoji4][emoji4]
Wow just heat? I need one of those asap so WE can rest easier at night lol!

Peru IN
Thanks so much! I will get a white one tmr! Thanks for the info!
No problem!!! Glad to pass on what I've learned [emoji4] I'm still learning myself lol. Also besides soaking ours once a day we mist him a couple times a day when we are in the room and just think about it with a spray bottle, makes him feel all lively [emoji6][emoji6] he enjoys the extra moisture haha

Emily Contreras

Arizona
No problem!!! Glad to pass on what I've learned [emoji4] I'm still learning myself lol. Also besides soaking ours once a day we mist him a couple times a day when we are in the room and just think about it with a spray bottle, makes him feel all lively [emoji6][emoji6] he enjoys the extra moisture haha
We got a mister spray bottle too, pretty effective!

Emily Contreras

Arizona
I hope that helps him at night, did u see my pics of the day time one? Now mind u I have a 75 gallon tank to but it keeps my lil guy real nice and set lol
I have a 20 gallon tank for now, he fits well, its mainly for the first 2 weeks of his life lol.

Peru IN
I have a 20 gallon tank for now, he fits well, its mainly for the first 2 weeks of his life lol.
Yeah cause I was told even with mine being palm size that my 25 gallon was too small bc he couldn't get away from the heat lamps enough to cool zones and also couldn't get enough exercise to really run. So when you are able definitely grab him something bigger and it's hilarious to watch em do laps HAHAHA