Can't stop me!

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
This thread takes my breath away! I love the elaborate enclosures that some forum members are able to construct. Your property is fantastic. I've been to your website:).
Very nice work, Kelly!

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Very nice, you are always doing big thangs all for a good cause. You are probably like me and dont sleep alot at night

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Insulated all the walls today and started sheathing the inside. Also insulated the floor.
image.jpg
I used 1" thick tongue and groove R5 for the floor then put a layer of the zip system sheathing. It's water resistant and it painted with a vapor barrier chemical on it. So it sheds water, moisture and seals things in better than traditional plywood.
image.jpg
image.jpg
About 4 hours later and all seams are caulked and vapor barrier tape sealed.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
This is definitely what I would be doing with my time if I were not working full-time and going to school part-time. Hmm, but maybe when I retire...? ;) I love it and I can't wait to see more! <3

Delilah1623

It makes me want to get a tortoise costume and sneak in to live there! Amazing work!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
It makes me want to get a tortoise costume and sneak in to live there! Amazing work!
Lol. Yeah my mom said she's going to hang a hammock in there and live. She said the same thing about the greenhouse.
But when you go in there with temperatures and humidity like this all the time. It's hard to stay in there. Closed chamber on a massive scale. Lol
image.jpg

Delilah1623

We can get to negative 30 or 40 with the windchill here so I dunno.... If you have a tortoise with long brown hair in the next few months don't be surprised!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Well all the walls are covered in siding and the seams trimmed. Got some paint on clearance (Clarence haha) at Home Depot, started painting. Next weekend should have the ponds put in and add the mulch for the big guys. Have to get the glass ordered for the smaller enclosures that will be on top of the shelf.
image.jpg
image.jpg