Ring neck snake on the property

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
One of my employees found this awesome snake this morning near one of the red foot pens. Regal ringneck snake. Super cool find. So far this is the 14th snake found this spring. 1 cottonmouth, 7 yellow belly water snakes, 1 eastern indigo, 1 Texas rat, 1 yellow belly racer, a few baby green vine snakes, and now the regal ringneck.
image.jpg

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Wow, I've never even heard of a Regal Ringneck! Very cool, such a large variety of wildlife! Up here in MA I only have garden snakes, garden snakes, and more garden snakes. :-/

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Oh no you have rat snakes and an assortment of wildlife. May have to be remote to see it. I wish I had taken more photos. The belly on this guy was blood red and at the tail was ocean blue. Very beautiful animal. Super awesome. First time in 10 years living on this property I have seen one. A true treat for sure.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Nice Pic, Ringnecks are very secretive and aren't usually seen until you move whatever they are under. We have both the Northern and Southern Ringnecks in our area.

zaroba

Nice find. I used to see them all the time in the local park while over turning rocks along a certain trail.
But lately the only thing I've found under the rocks is ant colonies. Think it's gutting time for me to leave the trail to do some searching.