Calcium with D3 or without

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazybirds

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Hello everyone. I have been reading about calcium and about giving Redfoots calcium without D3. I'm kinda confused. My redfoot is indoors now with a UVB light (light is on about 10-12 hrs a day), but she hides a lot so I'm pretty sure she's not getting that light all that much so should I do the Cal with D3 for now? Then once she gets more comfy and hangs out side her hide more and gets that uvb then I would stop the D3? And then in summer we are gonna build her a pen outside so then if she's getting a lot of sun then no D3 right? I just wanna make sure I'm giving her the right calcium at the right time. I live in PA and our weather is really random one day hot and one day cold. So in summer she won't be out 24/7 till fall so I'm just confused on the the type I need to use since she may be out 1 day and in the next.

Here's another ? I have. I plan ordering the TNT with probiotics from Carolina Pet Supply so when I start giving her that do I stop the calcium or do I still continue?

Thanks much for your help!:shy:

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
I don't know much about the UV lights, so I can't answer for that. If my tortoises are getting at least a half hour of natural sunlight once a week, I don't give them D3 at all - this is what my vet recommends. As for the TNT, I use it with the calcium (TNT on Tuesday and calcium on Thursday.) I also keep a cuttlebone available all the time. Hope that was somewhat helpful for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.