Burrowing?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
20220318_160145.jpg
Here is the one he dug last year. As you can see he found out he could dig under the block walls inside the burrow I made for him. I was ok with it until he dug to the right and I couldn't see him anymore. The red and white what looks like wires to the left. Are not wires just roots. I could only get my hand with my camera in his burrow. When I took that picture and looked at the picture. I saw those two what looked like wires. I freaked got out of my wheelchair. Crawled on my belly got my head in the burrow opening with a flashlight. Ended up they were just roots. That would have been a hilarious picture if someone could have taken a picture of me laying on the ground with my head in the opening. This is the opening I had my head in. Laying flat on my belly. 🤣20210604_173534(1).jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I basically have the same setup. But instead of wood, I used expanded foam board and to make some of the foam board panels sturdier. I used 1 1/2" angle iron. I will show some pictures when I am done. I got the box to a point that it is usable for Opo. But I still have some work to do. Need to hinge the top and front door. This last yr has been challenging with 3 hospital visits. Covid pneumonia, pneumonia and heart problems. I start to feel better than I would get hospitalized again. With missing a right hand and right leg above the knee. It makes it more difficult to get things done,plus I am a procrastinator.
My oldest son came down about a month ago and we were going to work on it. But going fishing became more important.🤣
It's been almost two weeks since I got out of the hospital and I am almost up to par. I will have it done before winter comes. 🙏🤞
I'm really glad you're feeling better. Covid is a hard one to get over completely. It takes a long time. Joe had pneumonia 3 times after that in the following year or so. I may have had lymphocytic colitis before that somewhat stayed in remission. But around 5 months after covid it came back in full force and hasn't stopped. I'm glad I was able to live through it. And I'm glad you did too. I think we're both a bit stronger in stamina than we think or we're just meant to be here 😉😊a little bit of stubbornness helps too. In other words I ain't going anywhere! I have people and a tortoise 😂🐢 to bug.