Bump/Growth on neck

ptomokane

Location (City and/or State)
Boise,ID
so my Tortellini, female Russian Tortoise, has a growth on her neck. It has not gotten bigger, but it’s been about 2 weeks and my Vet is booked. Anyone know what’s going on?

879274CF-0F9B-46B8-950E-4AE29BA349CE.jpeg

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
She is in serious shap. Her neck and eyes are very swollen. How are you housing her, lights, temps etc. Pictures of her enclosure and more of her would help us. This is an emergency. Also, what are you feeding her, any supplements?

ptomokane

Boise,ID
Hi guys. So about a month ago I brought her to the Vet to get her eyes checked. They told me it was infected. They prescribed her antibiotic shots to be given between the neck and front leg. I have completed it, then the bump started. Also bubbles coming out her nose. She eats romaine lettuce, no supplements. I’ll take more pictures.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That swollen neck is life threatening. The tortoise needs to be seen by a good tortoise vet immediately.

vcarol222

Ocala, Florida
Any update of this tortoise? I've been wondering how she's doing... did she make it? What was wrong? Etc...

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hello dont wait 2 weeks.
I reread my post. It might not of come out of my thumb right.
I meant Hello.. ....like Hi, Aloha etc.
Then I meant. ..... you should take Tortellini soon dont wait 2 weeks.
My first post sounded harsh but was not meant to be.
Hope it turns out good. Please keep us posted.

ptomokane

Boise,ID
Much mahalos for all your concerns and comments. I brought her in this afternoon and was able to get her in. She got admitted and is under observation. Vet couldn’t diagnose right away, but did say her neck is infected. Back home, in Hawaii, we had 2 Russian Tortoises and never experienced any problems. Also her eyes checked out ok but she may have excess water or liquid that will need to be drained.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Much mahalos for all your concerns and comments. I brought her in this afternoon and was able to get her in. She got admitted and is under observation. Vet couldn’t diagnose right away, but did say her neck is infected. Back home, in Hawaii, we had 2 Russian Tortoises and never experienced any problems. Also her eyes checked out ok but she may have excess water or liquid that will need to be drained.
Great that you got Tortellini in. I would not like to think the condition in 2 weeks
Keep us posted.