A bump on my tortoise neck

Angelica barberena

Location (City and/or State)
hello. My baby tortoise is barely about to become 2 months old, but just recently I noticed this bump on her neck, does anyone know what this is. It is sort of white looking. Also, her diet has only consisted of romaine lettuce, as I am afraid to feed her anything else. Although, I'm quite sure she can't be getting all her nutrients from that. Is there anything else I could feed her as well? I know any types of greens

Kasia

Poland
hello. My baby tortoise is barely about to become 2 months old, but just recently I noticed this bump on her neck, does anyone know what this is. It is sort of white looking. Also, her diet has only consisted of romaine lettuce, as I am afraid to feed her anything else. Although, I'm quite sure she can't be getting all her nutrients from that. Is there anything else I could feed her as well? I know any types of greens
Are you able to pick wild weeds or only store bought?
Ones that you can buy in every store:
Arugula
Lambs lettuce
Chicory
Kale
Mustard greens
Organic kohlrabi leafs
Organic carrot leafs
Organic radish leafs
Dandelions
Radaccio
And loads of others...
I recommend reading care sheet pinned on top of this section... You will find loads of other things that you can feed him...your current diet is not enough to provide him nutrients he needs. In general various dark leafy greens. This lump does not look good. Is there an option that he was stung? If not in best case it is an abscess that will need lancing. Vet should take a look at it.

Last edited:

Maitaimommy

So cute and so sad. Please look into other foods as romaine lettuce is not good on a consistent basis. So many options and choices for foods. Lots of nuturtion advice on this forum. It's a good idea to avoid fruit too. Not sure about the bump. Could be an insect bite. Best of luck to you and your little one:)