Building platform for Russian

Wendy Douce

Hi I'm going to try and build a platform with a ramp and a house underneath it for my Russian new home, she is 8 years old and and about 6" by 4" Would plywood be ok to work with?
How high should a have the top level, i have about 500mm of height to play with. Can a use willow sticks on the house as decoration. And would i need to put the ramp and a certain angle for them to climb up and would it need a guard rail up the ramp.Sorry i know its lost of question but this is my first project like this

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
Here is my ramp. It has strips of wood, and in between, strips of anti skid tape that you can buy, by the foot, at hardware stores.
enclosure.jpg

Wendy Douce

got lots of ideas for the new house to build this weekend
Some one said to put shed roofing felt on the ramp and i have some wooden strips already .Hope their new home look as good as yours when I'm done

Wendy Douce

Hi, had busy few day building the new inclosures for the girls. They are both the same except the bottom one is a bit taller The substrate is coir, and they have a new 10% uvb and 100watt basking bulb I have got them some new large rocks for basking and feeding off. the water dish might be temporary its only plastic.They can use the ramp and love the big under hiding area. which is filled with timothy hay. One side is mesh for ventilation and i put a larger vent in the back.The willow sticks acts like and fence in front of the glass and has bean successful in stopping them banging against it Still working on the temp at both ends, getting 21celcus at cooler side but about 31 at top end. Thing this might need to be higher.
Any body any suggestion for the vivariums even better
tortoise new home 003.JPG

Attachments

• tortoise new home 001.JPG
    tortoise new home 001.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 23