feeding platform

Heather H

Location (City and/or State)
N.E. ohio
Hi everyone,
I need help designing a feeding platform. I used a plastic shoebox type container for the humid hide. I took a second container and built a ramp up one side. I want this to be the feeding area. I just need ideas for the area surrounding the feeding tile. I thought about moss sheets but I think it will be too light up there. my son suggested tile that is made out of stones that are glued together. I want to try to keep this area free from loose substrate to lessen the likely hood of him eating it. He is a one month old Hermanni . I don't have him yet, just getting things ready. thanks a bunchfeeding tile.jpg stonetile.jpg

left image to eat off of, right image to fill the bottom of the container? or I could make the entire container floor out of the image on the left?

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think you're making it too hard. Just find a piece of broken cement the correct size and clean it good. I use broken stepping stones for feeders.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I use a $0.98 each 12 inches X 12 inches tile from Home depot. flip it over. And dinner served.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I'd like an entire wall on an outside enclosure that looks like the left side picture. ;)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Do you have any rocks outside? Maybe a nice flat one? Wash off with some hot hot water...
feeding slab/basking area for freeeeee! :D