Broadleaf Plantain Seeds Sent

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
To all forum members that PM'd me requesting Broadleaf Plantain seeds, they have been sent. They're in the mailbox as I post this. I hope your torts LOVE them as much as mine do! It's usually the 1st thing they "attack" when I give them their mixed green feeding. Thanks.. Anthony

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
ascott said:
THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH :D
My guys will be so happy...:D :D

You're welcome and they definitely WILL be happy! Broadleafs are the 1st thing my babies gobble down when I give them their breakfast mix!

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Jacqui it was the least I could do. I joined the forum about 2wks ago and I admittedly knew very little about tortoises but everyone took me under their wing and treated me with nothing but respect. I asked questions, a lot of questions, and all of you gave me help. Now that I finally have my baby sulcatas I turn to you guys for advice on how to raise them right and you NEVER let me down. So sending a few seeds to everyone is the very least I could do. THANK YOU TFO MEMBERS!!! You all are wonderful :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Just wanted to say thank you, I received the seeds today.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
dmmj said:
Just wanted to say thank you, I received the seeds today.

Awesome Dave! I was a little afraid that they would've gotten all mushed up b/c I didn't send them in a ziplock after all--just way too bulky in the envelope. I found that direct sunlight and very moderate water does the trick! Good luck and if you need more don't hesitate to ask!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Thank you! I can't wait to get them. I have been in a planting mood :)

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I just harvested a whole 8 1/2" x 11" Ziplock of Plantain seeds myself while travelling through South West Ontario. I wish I could send them to some of you also.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Angi said:
Thank you! I can't wait to get them. I have been in a planting mood :)

Angi,
I noticed that they grow, well, like weeds! When I 1st saw them on the forum under Edible Plants I decided to give it a try. I only had them in the ground a day or two but they sprouted up fast. Honestly, I didn't even let them dry. I stripped them off the plant, waited about a day, and then they sprouted for me. You'll have no trouble getting them to sprout!
-Anthony-

Status
Not open for further replies.