box turtle with beak issues, mucus in nostril?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheri85

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
so my box turtle whoopi seems to be having some issues (see this thread: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-box-turtle-still-not-waking-up#axzz1PT1JlUo0)

i've been waking her up and offering food, and have only had success with canned cat food, which i know is really bad. so yesterday i started feeding her baby food with a dropper. but her beak (which was scraped last year) still looks weird to me. and as i was watching her i noticed a few bubbles coming from one of her nostrils. i haven't observed her breathing from her mouth, but i was still concerned. i can't afford to take her to the vet right now so i'm wondering if there are at home therapies i can try? she probably has a calcium deficiency, how can i help with that? how often should i feed her the baby food?

any advice or links to helpful articles would be greatly appreciated. she's very dear to me and i hate to see her acting out of her norm.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Yvonne (emysemys) usually suggests warm baby food soaks for things like this. (she'll be here in a sec :) )

Make sure your little boxie is nice and warm..and as soon as you can, take it to a vet.

But looking at your other thread...it MIGHT have to do with just coming out of hibernation...but I don't know about the mucus being part of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.