Maggie's heart attack...again

Status
Not open for further replies.

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
What that means is that I was having another one of those out of mind experiences and was kind of self reflecting.

Meg90 said:
-EJ said:
This post has shown me the kind of idiots that participate in this hobby.

Enjoy.

What does this mean? Am I one of those idiots? Please, EJ, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel here...(man I wish there was an---irritated smiley.)

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
-EJ said:
What that means is that I was having another one of those out of mind experiences and was kind of self reflecting.
Enjoy.

I think--I'm not sure, but I think E.J.'s being "affectionately sarcastic"...;)

Quick! Somebody call 9-1-1 .:p

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
You cannot go through the rest of your life without writing a book about the adventures of Bob, including lots of pictures of course. You can call it "Bob n Me". It would be a bestseller.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Of course, you know, now that Bob has discovered the "weak link" in the fence, he's going to keep trying to knock those blocks over. It might be a good idea to temporarily pound a piece of plywood into the ground right in front of that spot, just to spread the pressure over more bricks at a time. Your ground is so soft it wouldn't be hard to pound it into the ground. Might not look so hot, but it would only be until he forgets about that spot.

I love Bob stories!

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
I love the story but i so hate the subject.. Every time i read it, i think of a real heart attack...Granted i just lost a family member at Christmas to a stroke, i might be extra sensitive, but you really scared me on that line....

Oh and tell Bob that is he doesnt stop your taking away his "tv" time......

chadk

10 Year Member!
RE: Sulcata running away from home...

I would get 4ft to 6ft heavy metal t-posts and pound those in to hold the blocks in place. Or heavy rebar pounded 2 ft down and spaced every foot...

great story - but you got really lucky and he wasn't hit or stolen or attacked by a dog.

Maybe Ethan would like to help with some tort chores? Sounds like he may be a handful, but a pretty fast thinker under pressure.

And i agree with others, that title had me scared. Do you have your tort will in order??

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento

You changed the topic.. That was so sweet, I had to clue that could be done...

I have a few favorites in this forum Maggie and you are one of them!

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
I'm glad you read through the whole post...

maggie3fan said:
-EJ said:

Enjoy.

This is exactly why I haven't been posting. I am tired of sarcastic hurtful comments like this from tortoise keepers who think they are better than the rest of us...Thanks Ed for showing your true colors. I wonder why you stay on this forum and continue to communicate with idiots like us. You just couldn't enjoy a simple fun story, you had to say something hurtful and ruin it.

I think you're the only one who clued onto my rudely posted/read comment. I actually didn't understand why I posted what I did until I re-read your comment.

For the others... it had to do with the Subject line...

Stephanie Logan said:
-EJ said:
Enjoy.

I think--I'm not sure, but I think E.J.'s being "affectionately sarcastic"...;)

Quick! Somebody call 9-1-1 .:p

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Meg90 said:
-EJ said:

Enjoy.

What does this mean? Am I one of those idiots? Please, EJ, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel here...(man I wish there was an---irritated smiley.)

We are no longer allowed to "not hold back" because some of us don't have thick skin, and tell on others in PMs to moderators. Interesting that you'd be the one telling someone not to hold back.

I do find it funny, though, that you automatically assume you were "the idiot" he was referring to. This forum just wouldn't be the same without you, Meg.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio

STOP!!!! We're taking a phenominal little story about a larger than life tortoise and ruining it with judgements of others. Are you kidding me?

chikken

5 Year Member
CT

You guys are ridiculous... back to Bob's antics.

I think it's crazy how a tortoise, who seems to have such low ground clearance, could climb over the rubble he created, up and down all of those steps and make a break for it without getting seriously hurt! I guess I have a lot to learn about these creatures. It's almost the kind of thing I wish I could witness. Good on ya for getting him turned right around when the big dude couldn't. (And what chadk said about Ethan might be right-- it might be a good idea to harness the annoying neighbor kid's energy into Bob care! In the classroom I find it's always amazing how the most overactive and kinda buggy kids really shine when they're given jobs and feel important. :D)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York

Maggie, since we all love Bob so much, why doesn't he have a blog.....something like Frankie the tortoise. Everyone would love that. Your Bob stories are such a fun read especially when I am in the dumps....keep them coming...
We need a Bob page like this....

http://www.daygecko.com/bobsos/

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
TylerStewart said:
Meg90 said:
-EJ said:

Enjoy.

We are no longer allowed to "not hold back" because some of us don't have thick skin, and tell on others in PMs to moderators. Interesting that you'd be the one telling someone not to hold back.

I do find it funny, though, that you automatically assume you were "the idiot" he was referring to. This forum just wouldn't be the same without you, Meg.

I asked if I was one of them Tyler. Tsk tsk. For someone who values his wordsmithing so highly, you are starting to mince words.

And there should be some holding back. Not every feeling ya'll have is desired to be learned.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

"Harris": Thank you for the voice of reason!

"Chikken": I LOVE your new avatar!!

"everyone else": Please don't hijack Maggie's post. You're ruining a fun and interesting story.

chikken

5 Year Member
CT

Thanks! It's one of my own illustrations from a little comic.

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia

I'm curious... did you even pay attention to what the OT was about?????

It is a fun and interesting story but the topic line brought to light how some people care about the members on this list.

Maybe that shouldn't be the case... maybe people should realise this is a minor distraction in every day life.

emysemys said:
"Harris": Thank you for the voice of reason!

"Chikken": I LOVE your new avatar!!

"everyone else": Please don't hijack Maggie's post. You're ruining a fun and interesting story.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
harris said:
You cannot go through the rest of your life without writing a book about the adventures of Bob, including lots of pictures of course. You can call it "Bob n Me". It would be a bestseller.

Ooh! I could "train" the professional working tortoises for the movie!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York

There ya go, Maggie....a MOVIE with Bob in it!! I'll go see it.

Chikken, I LOVE your new avatar too! Now you have to do one of Pio for me.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
"I'm curious... did you even pay attention to what the OT was about?????

It is a fun and interesting story but the topic line brought to light how some people care about the members on this list.

Maybe that shouldn't be the case... maybe people should realise this is a minor distraction in every day life."

Ah...you mean the forum is just a minor distraction and that we shouldn't care about the members on this list??? Sad.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Looks like you need to revamp how you have your walls. I have stakes holding up 2x10 boards. The stakes are used in pouring concrete and holding the foundation boards. They are diff heights and have holes in the them so you can nail the stakes to the boards for support.

Status
Not open for further replies.