Bluetooth tracker for escape artist

Meganolvt

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
I ordered a Tile Bluetooth tracker because my yellow foot Roland has escaped four times in the last few months. The first two times it was because one of his barriers was too low (fixed that once we figured it out), the last two were yesterday and today because we've a lot of rain which apparently washed out some yard and he figured out how to push under one of his fences (fixing that). He's very sneaky, and I am hoping with the tracker i'll find him before I am eaten alive by mosquitos and cut up by my bushes if there is a next time.

The problem is that it is not submersible in water (didn't think about that when I ordered it.) I soak hom twice a week. I'm hoping someone here can help me think of a creative solution. There is a hole where I could attach a key ring or something similar. What could I attach to him (with silicone glue or something) that I could attach the tile to? Any ideas? Then i could clip the tile to him when he goes outside.

Obviously the solution is to make his area inescapable, but I want this as a back up if a barrier fails. He doesn't dig or scape against things, so i'm not worried about it falling off necessarily. Any ideas?

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Naughty Roland.

I have been looking at similar options and I haven't considered the soaking issue. Maybe a ring glued or epoxied on him that you can hook another ring on to the tile and then on to him with? Or a silicone sleeve you can hot glue shut until it needs to be charged/battery changed?

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
What about this? I just did a quick search on Amazon and they have a bunch of different things
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1473741014.446447.jpg

Meganolvt

Michigan
Well, my solution as of right now is to tie it on him. He has a hump on his shell from previous MBD and that actually might work to my advantage. We'll see how long it stays on! (By the way i've re-secured his area, let's see if THAT holds too.) The tracker is called Tile, I got it on Amazon. It's pretty cool, it rings when i ask it to and also shows up on a map. 20160914_115903.jpg

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
You can also use some blue painters tape and wrap it around him. I've done that just so I can FIND my monsters.