Beak on baby leopard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicobeaks

5 Year Member
I recently got a baby Pardalis Pardalis. Everything is going great so far but I have a little concern over his beak. When he eats or opens/closes his mouth his beak gets in the way and make a little clicking noise. It isn't keeping him from eating but I have a little bit of concern that it might get in the way if it doesn't correct itself soon. I've never had any beak issues with my other torts so I'm a little lost here. I've tried cuttlebone but he isn't interested. Will he grow into it or should I consider a beak trim on such a young animal?

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amish Country
Some of mine occasionally click when they eat, but I can't see any problems. I'm not worried. I'll bet it stops on it's own.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Does it look like an overbite? or is the beak to long? a picture wold be of great help.

Chicobeaks

5 Year Member
Sorry for not getting back to this earlier. Work had me tied up all day. I'll get a picture posted in the morning.

Hallbomber

5 Year Member
Southern California
One of mine has clicking when eating sometimes. Its normal from what i have found. It doesnt imply any jaw/beak issues i dont think.

Chicobeaks

5 Year Member
My apologies for abandoning this thread. The camera on my phone sucks and I can't get any decent pictures of the beak issue. I can see it catching a little bit when he closes his mouth. My short term remedy is to start feeding him on a little piece of granite in hopes that his beak will grind down a little bit. I'll post some pics as soon as I get a decent camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.