Rescued Leo Struggles to eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

pspryu101

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Left Coast :)
LeopardTortLover said:
If you cut the food up into really small square (ish) shapes, and then give it a thorough mix with the mazuri so that every piece is covered, they cant avoid it and eventually they will learn to eat the pellets by themselves - they might not love it, but they will eat it.

sounds good i might try that tomorrow :)

wellington said:
I'm not sure if Mazuri has an expiration date or not. I don't have a bag on hand. However, I purchase the 25 pound bag as I get it much cheaper. I fill gallon size freezer bags with the Mazuri and freeze it. It freezes and thaws, as if it was never frozen.

Is it required to be freezed? I just have a big ziploc bag of it sitting in my room.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Yes, there is an expiration date just like with dog food. It can get rancid if too old. That's why it's not a good idea to buy more than you can use pretty soon, unless you freeze it for storage.

pspryu101

5 Year Member
Left Coast :)
DesertGrandma said:
Yes, there is an expiration date just like with dog food. It can get rancid if too old. That's why it's not a good idea to buy more than you can use pretty soon, unless you freeze it for storage.

How long would be considered "old"? I got 2 lbs from a forum member and he said theyre fresh mazuris but then again I dont use much because my leopards are not quite used to it yet

Status
Not open for further replies.