beak clicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinax182

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Springfield, Massachusetts
i notice when my 1 and a 1/2 year old leopard tortoise eats his beak clicks. he has a cuttlebone and is fed on a piece of slate....is there anything else i can do?

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
No. Baby tortoise's sometimes like to "play" with their beaks. He's fine though :) I actually think it's kinda funny :p

stinax182

5 Year Member
Springfield, Massachusetts
its basically every time he closes his mouth with a dozen or so exceptions within a feeding. he definitely chows but its almost constant...although when i look at his beak, i can't tell its too long.

he also seems to be one of the babies that can't get food into their mouths well so i think I'm going to start using clips to hang some food to the side of his enclosure :)

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
stinax182 said:
its basically every time he closes his mouth with a dozen or so exceptions within a feeding. he definitely chows but its almost constant...although when i look at his beak, i can't tell its too long.

he also seems to be one of the babies that can't get food into their mouths well so i think I'm going to start using clips to hang some food to the side of his enclosure :)

Yes my first Leo did the same thing :) he's perfectly fine :D

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
This question comes up every now and then. Every box turtle and tortoise I've ever had was able to make a clicking sound with its beak when it wanted to. Not sure if it's a game, a call to others, or just a comfort sound. In any event, it's perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. :)

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Mine does the same thing right now. I don't think its anything to be alarmed or panic over.

Status
Not open for further replies.