basking bulb wattage & clamp lamp wattage

mools

Location (City and/or State)
California
8c261ce1-a3af-4aa5-9d13-32d9c197ce9f

https://www.acehardware.com/departm...lbs/incandescent-bulbs/3002268?qtyRequested=1 @ Walt's Ace Hardware

is the wattage for the bulb fine? apparently it's also dimmable according to the specifications on the page. i was thinking of pairing it with a 250 watt clamp lamp with a dimmer switch but i'm not sure if it'll be bright enough. it seems impossible to find any incandescent bulb that is br shape and with that low of a wattage at the hardware stores in arizona. lowest was 40 watt at batteriesplus but it seems too low compared to what everyone is buying (60/75/100 watt).

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
8c261ce1-a3af-4aa5-9d13-32d9c197ce9f

https://www.acehardware.com/departm...lbs/incandescent-bulbs/3002268?qtyRequested=1 @ Walt's Ace Hardware

is the wattage for the bulb fine? apparently it's also dimmable according to the specifications on the page. i was thinking of pairing it with a 250 watt clamp lamp with a dimmer switch but i'm not sure if it'll be bright enough. it seems impossible to find any incandescent bulb that is br shape and with that low of a wattage at the hardware stores in arizona. lowest was 40 watt at batteriesplus but it seems too low compared to what everyone is buying (60/75/100 watt).
There is no tortoise application where that is the right size or type of bulb. You don't want "infrared", and 250 watts is too big for inside, and the wrong type of heating for larger outdoor tortoises.

We can't get the right bulbs in CA any more. We can't even order them online and have them shipped in. I have to go buy them out of state and drive them back in, or have an out of state friend order them to their house, and then re-ship them to me. Its terrible.

mools

California
There is no tortoise application where that is the right size or type of bulb. You don't want "infrared", and 250 watts is too big for inside, and the wrong type of heating for larger outdoor tortoises.

We can't get the right bulbs in CA any more. We can't even order them online and have them shipped in. I have to go buy them out of state and drive them back in, or have an out of state friend order them to their house, and then re-ship them to me. Its terrible.
Oh, darn.
I found these ones. https://arbor-home.com/products/100...r30-flood-light-bulb-soft-white-2700k-12-pack

Seems good, 65 watt, aren't infrared, but shipping is extremely expensive even for my friend in Arizona. sigh

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

mools

California
$23 for a 12 pack is a GREAT price lately. I'd get two!

Where are you in CA? Can your friend send two cases and I'll pick them up from you?

Also, I'm going to Mesa AZ in November. I can drive them back for us if that would help.
I'm not going to be getting the ones from arbor home. The shipping price for my friend was ridiculous and totaled to like 70 something bucks for 1 case. I think arbor home is a warehouse and nowhere on their site shows their specific address or how to do in-person pickup even though their site says something about in-person pickup. Might just need to contact them directly?

I'm going to have to settle for the Amazon one since my friend is going to be out-of-state October through January and I want my bulbs asap.

Reactions: Tom