Help with shopping list please

normav

I am doing some shopping to improve my turtle pen. I am a woman, and I have plug-ins (please no wiring) and I have water access in the room. I have Menards, Home Depot, Target, Walmart, Mac's hardware, Ace Hardware, Home of Economy, Tractor Supply, 3 pet stores, and of course Amazon and the internet. I would love to have some links or brand names of the following:
*Temp gun
*higher heat/wattage clamp-style lamp or other overhead system (switch from several 100 watt to one large watt hung from the ceiling....or....suggestions?) I also have Nasco heat mats mounted on walls, but just would like to consolidate the basking or overhead heat or change it entirely.
*Please just tell me the brand/ name of a 4' fluorescent tube and 4 UV incandescents I should buy to replace the ones I have in my giant "reptile basking fixture." I would like to pull this heavy item back into service. I am confused at the choices, UV amounts/types, controversy over colors and wavelengths, and I just want someone to tell me what to buy. I have decided red is out, but the fixture will be shut off at night anyway (unless you tell me it is an old wives tale that full-grown torts (W/C) appreciate a natural cooler period at night) . The fixture can be any distance off the substrate. I could replace the clamp lamps with those, if I knew what to put in. I think the fixture holds max 60 watt or 75 watt bulbs in the incandescent fixtures.
* mist system or bigger warm mist vaporizer system? The pen is only 25 square feet and 150 cubic feet, but the largest vaporizer on the highest setting still has to be refilled 2 x daily. I am lost when it comes to looking at misting systems, and intimidated by installation. I also would like to pump mist or vapor INTO the hide den. Don't know how, or if it is a good idea?
*Seed company. Haven't grown tortoise plant foods in years.
*Aspen bedding? Any cleaner than the junk I can get at Menards? Orchid bark is pretty tiny, and will gradually leak out the bottom of my pen at the corners.
Thanks in advance. Any other advice? Am I missing the forest for the trees? Stuff I don't know about?
More thanks in advance. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Arcadia uvb bulbs flourescent are the best ones out now. Can be found online, lightmyreptile.com there are others.
Btw is this for turtles or Redfoot tortoises?

SweetGreekTorts

Location (City and/or State)
Tucson, AZ
Arcadia uvb bulbs flourescent are the best ones out now. Can be found online, lightmyreptile.com there are others.
I second this! I'm currently changing out my entire UVB fluorescent light setup for all my enclosures from the Zoo Med Reptisun T8 to the Arcadia 12% T5.

normav

This is for my Yellow Foots, but I do have a small colony of box turtles. I will check out the website! Thanks.