Barry's mixed his times

Linhdan Nguyen

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Hi joesmum
So we can get this right by both of us ( by the way thankyou for your time ) this is how it is at moment
So first picture is of Barry's hide which in the hide he as 2 ceramic heat lamp opp side to opening at night I set stat at 84f then in day it's set at 92f + as well as I put is uvb strip light on for 10 hrs
The distance from is hide to get opening of shed to go outside is 8 ft which in the shed the only light is the little window ( so is space in big shed for is indoor space is 8X5
Then he goes into a big yard 25x12 then when I'm about I open him into a very big grasses garden
So I hope you can tell me how I should have it a big big please help me
Hello, I believe I can help clear things up. the hide (night box) should have no lights. the only thing it should have is the ceramic heat lamps on thermostats set to around 80F. I believe 84F is fine too but @Tom may have to verify. Do not change the temp to 92F during the day. this is not needed.
In the shed (his enclosure) is where the UVB and basking lamp should be. As @JoesMum stated, this is where Barry will eat and bask (to digest his food) and can drink water and walk around if he feels it is too cold outside the shed. it should be 95F-100F under the basking light. the cool side of the shed should stay around 80F.

Barrysulcata

Uk
A big thankyou to you "Linhdan Nguyen this is what joesmum said and I see were your coming from just took a little time to sink in with the setup I've got thankyou tim

Barrysulcata

Uk
Don't know what to do
I've done lots of thinks to try and get Barry to come out off is hide
Which is dark know 80f to 82f all day and night outside is hide is a Mercury uvb basking light 94f to 97f
But he still wants to sit in is hide all day out side weather is still bright and good
What do you suggest any ideas
Do I get him out of is hide and close hide door for few hours so he gets is light and food and bask

Last edited:

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Don't know what to do
I've done lots of thinks to try and get Barry to come out off is hide
Which is dark know 80f to 82f all day and night outside is hide is a Mercury uvb basking light 94f to 97f
But he still wants to sit in is hide all day out side weather is still bright and good
What do you suggest any ideas
Do I get him out of is hide and close hide door for few hours so he gets is light and food and bask

Our climates are so different , I just can't say ! If he comes out I might close the door so he cant go back in . It cant hurt as long as he has other shade and places to hide . If its easy to get him out of the box I don't think it would hurt to take him out , or maybe you could lure him out with a favorite treat , and then close the door ?

Barrysulcata

Uk
Hi speedy
He comes out for about 45 mins at 7 pm
Then goes back in but not every day if I get him out soak him and put him down he just go straight back in ?????

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Hi speedy
Then goes back in but not every day if I get him out soak him and put him down he just go straight back in ?????
I guess I would keep him out for a few hours after I soaked him , as long as its warm enough !

Kasia

Poland
Hi speedy
Hi:) maybe try to give him some other sheltered place in your garden like a sheet hanged on chairs or something similar. I think he feels safe and warm in his house and it will be hard to make him go out. Closing him out will just stress him, it's his spot and he feels comfy in it, seduce him with treats :) or shell rubs leave the treats out in his sight maybe it will help:) hugs for you and Barry

Barrysulcata

Uk
Is weight was 44lb a couple weeks ago
He seems to be getting better coming out of is hide not really using is basking lamp yet thou
When he comes out give him a soak but not every day then he goes off eating anythink from 45 min up to 90 mins then walks back straight to is hide
I was watching is progress in is hide today with out him knowing
Lying under ceramic lamp then moved across to door then looked out the door then out hide look around shed past is food and basking lamp up ramp out into pen out the gate onto grass then eat like a cow lol
This took him approx 3 hours from hide to grass lol as you can see he's not in a hurry