Baby 3toes new enclosure

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
North East
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1425152867.079245.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1425152890.830567.jpg

They seem to be enjoying the new enclosure. The humidity is easy to maintain now. No more spraying yeah!

They are so funny. Tutor comes to the front of the tank when she wants more food , basks, and is active. Leo is the shy and likes to stay in cover under leaves and waits until the food is dropped and I walk away to eat. They like to fight over the same worm. Then after one or the other wins they will go get another worm.

These guys are characters and entertaining to watch.

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
Nice indeed, how do you clean the tank?

I just spot clean daily and they also go when being soaked. I am using peat moss for substrate so it is cheap and easy to replace monthly. I kept the plants in their pots so when I change the substrate out I can just remove the pots. I also have fake plants in with the live plants so I can remove them if needed to spot clean.They have been active and seem happy in the enclosure.

You did a great job, bro! I love your idea and do you spray daily and the top is totally covered?

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
You did a great job, bro! I love your idea and do you spray daily and the top is totally covered?

Thanks! The lights are velcroed on the screen. My hubby put eye bolts I think they are called to secure the Velcro more to the screen . The uvb light is under the screen . They don't seem to mind it as they are out in the open. It is the 5.0 t5ho zoomed hood & bulb. I have the Che in the middle and packing tape covering the entire top of the screen lid except where the Che is this was taken from Terryo and it works well. I am no longer spraying. Every 3 or so days I water the plants and substrate to keep it from getting dusty. Here are some pictures. I hope that helps.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1425572815.758567.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1425572831.391353.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1425572845.956255.jpg

Thanks! The lights are velcroed on the screen. My hubby put eye bolts I think they are called to secure the Velcro more to the screen . The uvb light is under the screen . They don't seem to mind it as they are out in the open. It is the 5.0 t5ho zoomed hood & bulb. I have the Che in the middle and packing tape covering the entire top of the screen lid except where the Che is this was taken from Terryo and it works well. I am no longer spraying. Every 3 or so days I water the plants and substrate to keep it from getting dusty. Here are some pictures. I hope that helps.View attachment 120824View attachment 120825View attachment 120826
I really like your idea, and I will do this this weekend. The humidity will increase a lot with a cover.

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
I really like your idea, and I will do this this weekend. The humidity will increase a lot with a cover.

I was wrong he used pop or button head revets with a washer.
Looks absolutely fantastic. Exactly what I do with mine. I love it.

@terryo Thank you! It was all your help and design that helped me set this up. Thanks to you may baby boxies are happy happy !!

Michael in MO

5 Year Member
THAT is nice, however I'd like to mention (if this hasn't occurred to you) that it would also be perfect for crickets to reproduce in. The pin-head crickets could be able to climb out and you'll end up with chew holes in your clothes.. I would take crickets off the list of live food, although a handful of pill-bugs would probably self sustain and there's no problem with that.. :)

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
THAT is nice, however I'd like to mention (if this hasn't occurred to you) that it would also be perfect for crickets to reproduce in. The pin-head crickets could be able to climb out and you'll end up with chew holes in your clothes.. I would take crickets off the list of live food, although a handful of pill-bugs would probably self sustain and there's no problem with that.. :)

They only get a few small crickets a week and they are not adults. They eat them before they have a chance to grow and reproduce.That is a good thought though if someone would dump adults in there I never thought about it. It could create a problem fast so I am glad you mentioned it I will avoid the adult crickets when they get bigger. I can't wait until it warms up to throw some pill bugs in as food & clean up crew. I have found some phoenix worms while cleaning they didn't eat which is another concern I don't want flies breeding in there either. They are not that crazy about the phoenix worms which is a bummer since they are high in calcium so I won't be buying them anymore. Those things are fast and can climb out of anything so I haven't found a bowl to keep them in. Thanks for the cricket tip you may of saved me from a future headache !!!