Anyone have a yellow foot? Do Reds and Yellows get along?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Does anyone own a Yellow Foot? Where do you get them? Has anyone kept them with Reds? I've read about rare colonies found in the wild in which Yellows and Reds have been found living together... but I wasn't sure if the Yellows would be violent towards the Reds if kept together in a man made habitat.

lezsolt

5 Year Member
I've had a redfoot hatchling since March (it is 5 months old now), and I bought a 1.5-year-old yellowfoot 3 weeks ago (both are CB). They've been getting along fine both inside and outside so far.

blackcat38

5 Year Member
north wales, UK
I've thought about this myself, but what will you do when they are adults? I've read that yellow males can be aggressive?

blackcat38

5 Year Member
north wales, UK
sorry, I should of quoted leszolt because thats where my question was aimed as the torts are only young and know why of knowing the sexes yet.

I pretty sure males are very aggressive but it could be females too, can't remember for sure. have you got the south american tortoise book thats everyones going on about?coves both so that would tell you

lezsolt

5 Year Member
Well, if there's any aggression, I'll separate them (I only have these 2 tortoises, so I'll have enough space for the two, even separated).
I've heard about that new book, I think I'm going to order it, although I live in Europe.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
which book? I have Vinkie and Vetters "South American Tortoises"

lezsolt said:
Well, if there's any aggression, I'll separate them (I only have these 2 tortoises, so I'll have enough space for the two, even separated).
I've heard about that new book, I think I'm going to order it, although I live in Europe.

Well the one I just mentioned is actually originally in German and printed in Germany :)

lezsolt

5 Year Member
DoctorCosmonaut said:
which book? I have Vinkie and Vetters "South American Tortoises"

lezsolt said:

Well the one I just mentioned is actually originally in German and printed in Germany :)

Yes, I meant "South American Tortoises", actually I've just ordered it. Which is the other one?

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
I recently bought a book called "Turtles of the World" (it has tortoises too)... but it tries to cover too many turts/torts to go into too much detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.