Ahhh...Peace of mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonkaLuv

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
Hi All :)

Just wanted to share something with you all. I know I'm not the only neurotic over-the-top concerned torty parent on here, soo.....

Tonka is about 4 months old and I was worried because his plastron still has some give to it. After agonizing and looking at it every day, I decided to take him to the vet. I'm a technician and work for a vet, so, I was like....."ok, stupid, why did you not do this earlier?" lol! So, anyway, Doc looks at Tonka and is like...."um...Rachael....he's completely normal." lol. I'm standing there like, "but doesn't it feel kinda soft?" And Doc says "No...he's a baby...it's supposed to feel like this." So, chalk it up to the adventures of an overly-worried new tortoise mommy!

*sigh* I felt a little dumb, but, it's a small price to pay for peace of mind! :p

:D:D:D

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Haha! I was paranoid about the same thing when I 1st got mine, but with the help of this knowledgeable forum my mind was put at ease! You're not paranoid you're just a good torto-mom! Glad to hear everything is alright!! :)

TonkaLuv said:
Hi All :)

Just wanted to share something with you all. I know I'm not the only neurotic over-the-top concerned torty parent on here, soo.....

Tonka is about 4 months old and I was worried because his plastron still has some give to it. After agonizing and looking at it every day, I decided to take him to the vet. I'm a technician and work for a vet, so, I was like....."ok, stupid, why did you not do this earlier?" lol! So, anyway, Doc looks at Tonka and is like...."um...Rachael....he's completely normal." lol. I'm standing there like, "but doesn't it feel kinda soft?" And Doc says "No...he's a baby...it's supposed to feel like this." So, chalk it up to the adventures of an overly-worried new tortoise mommy!

*sigh* I felt a little dumb, but, it's a small price to pay for peace of mind! :p

:D:D:D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
It is so nice to have peace of mind! I feel the same way you do!!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
My Sulcata is 7 months and his/her plastron still has a little give. It can be worry some if you have never experienced it before...

TonkaLuv

5 Year Member
Virginia
dalano73 said:
My Sulcata is 7 months and his/her plastron still has a little give. It can be worry some if you have never experienced it before...

It certainly can! Thanks for sympathizing!

:D Thanks for the encouragement! It's good to know I'm not the only one. I just had no idea I could ever love a tortoise this much. So, when I think something might be wrong....well, you know. :shy:

Thanks again!

--Rachael

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am glad you finally broke down and had it checked out. Nothing beats a little reassurance. It's so hard for us with just the written word to get across things like how soft is soft. Your a great tortoise care taker, give yourself a break. ;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.