Afraid that I was too optomistic about Quasimodo,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
that little deformed Ornate Box Turtle I thought that I'd gotten healthy enough to make it...he's been eating earthworms and finely diced venison mixed w/ vegetables and getting sun almost every day...put him outside this morning and watched him tear into breakfast, and when I came out to check on him, about lunch time, he was in his "cave", as he usually is around noon.

Went to bring him in about dusk and he was still inside his "cave", which is unusual, so I picked him up and he'd given up his Spirit...bummer!

We'll miss the little dude. :(

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
I'm so sorry for your loss. We were all pulling for the little guy. You make every effort to turn him around.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Terry Allan Hall said:
Thanks, folks for your kind words...just wish I iknew what I'd done wrong.

The only thing I see that you might call wrong, is you became emotionally attached to the little guy. Even then, the only reason it could even be called wrong, is the fact that because of becoming emotionally attached, your now hurting and feeling guilty. Not everything in life is within our powers to change. You did your best, but a part of living is sadly having to die. Some creatures, even given the best care die quickly making us wonder what we could have done differently, while we see and hear of others for whom life has only given them the worse possible conditions yet they seem to thrive. Neither life nor death is always fair and certainly it doesn't always make any sense.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Thanks for the kind thoughts, all, but I just can't help but feel like I screwed up somehow...just wish I knew what I did, so as not to repeat the mistake.

Having a necropsy done this afternnon.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Please let us know what your necropsy results are. Like Jacqui said, the only thing you did wrong was love the little guy, and I think most of us are "guilty" of the same. You took in a little wounded warrier and gave it your best.

Status
Not open for further replies.