Adult Pancake Humidity

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Greetings all,
Wondering if anyone keeps real numbers in regard to the ambient humidity of their adult pancake enclosure. I typically maintain a 30-35% range but I notice they are much more active when allowed to climb into the 45-55% range.

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
In my enclosure the humidity ranges between 55-75%, with the rocky basking area being much drier. They are all very active most of the time. They definitely move between the hotter dry side to bask and then the cooler wetter side to sleep several times a day.

Do you keep yours in a closed chamber or open table??
Cyndi

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My buddy houses his outdoors. Its pretty dry in his backyard, but the heated hide stays a bit more humid. Numbers vary through the year.

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
Mine is a closed also, but being in Georgia, keeping humidity up isn't much of an issue!!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
cyan said:
Mine is a closed also, but being in Georgia, keeping humidity up isn't much of an issue!!

I'm in Oregon. You wouldn't think humidity would be an issue here either. But I don't think homes are much wetter than 20-25% or so. When I run the wood heat,(my preference) I have a humidifier on top of the wood heater to help increase the humidity just for my comfort. Moist air heats better than dry air.