A Wagging Tail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagashi

5 Year Member
Does your torts wag their tails if when they walk?

This happens to ours sometimes. I think it's a way they are happy!

each step the tails moves right to left, in a swinging way.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
That's just what they all do. It could be a balance mechanism as they walk, but I would doubt it's because they are happy or excited like a dog would.

Radiated

5 Year Member
I think that my radiated tortoises do it to wipe off the debris or substrate...just my opinion

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
You know what? I am going to have to agree with the wagging tail as a sign of a pleasurable moment...perhaps as mentioned before, not as a dog does....but still a pleasurable moment/sensation...

I have always been fascinated by this from the first time I noticed it...so, I have watched and I notice that the CDTs here wag after they have mucked in the sprinkler cooling off in the summer....they wag after they have been given food treats as they walk away....they wag when they find that awesome pile of freshly grown black medic and so I am going to agree....

Now, the RFs seem to wag so far when they come out of the water...I will have to study them a bit this season when they are outside and about to decide if they do it at what appear "to me" to be moments of pleasure/sensation....

I LOVE LOVE LOVE when a tort gets to waggin....:p

Dagashi

5 Year Member
ascott said:
You know what? I am going to have to agree with the wagging tail as a sign of a pleasurable moment...perhaps as mentioned before, not as a dog does....but still a pleasurable moment/sensation...

I have always been fascinated by this from the first time I noticed it...so, I have watched and I notice that the CDTs here wag after they have mucked in the sprinkler cooling off in the summer....they wag after they have been given food treats as they walk away....they wag when they find that awesome pile of freshly grown black medic and so I am going to agree....

Now, the RFs seem to wag so far when they come out of the water...I will have to study them a bit this season when they are outside and about to decide if they do it at what appear "to me" to be moments of pleasure/sensation....

I LOVE LOVE LOVE when a tort gets to waggin....:p

ah! u know what? I think I don't see them doing that all the time.. just at certain times when perhaps they are exploring something. I will keep an eye on the times when they wag the tail.. just like you said! I suspect it's not just about balance.

But me too! I love love love it when the torts get a wagging! I get very excited!

Sky2Mina

10 Year Member!
Bangkok
I gotta observe that!
But I saw the wagging tail and I think it's super cute :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.