A Tall Tortoise Tale

jwking

Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
Hi Everyone,

Now I know there are much more important and pressing things going on in the world right now, but I wanted to share a story with you all because I can’t not share this.

I have a gorgeous leopard yearling whom I love dearly. This weekend I put her out on the second floor porch because it’s fenced in so she can’t get out. She was basking and enjoying the gorgeous weather next to me while I was reading. Literally 5 minutes later I look up to see her and she is NO WHERE. I look everywhere and she physically cannot fit through the fenced in part so I’m trying to think of every single logical possibility- maybe a hawk flew down and grabbed her?? But it’s a very small space and I would have seen/heard this so WHAT HAPPENED?! I’m terrified she fell but again, not physically possible. So the only other thing I can think of is she somehow got on the roof?? There is no other option. But this is an impossible thing right?? SEE PHOTOS.
She had somehow climbed onto the ROOF. Immediately I sprinted up the roof to save my little baby! Please note SHE IS FINE. I got her before anything horrible happened and she will NEVER be taken from the ground floor ever again. I have learned my lesson.

3A4DFD95-F0DD-4EA4-BA8F-2F2FFECEAD2A.jpeg1F70A73B-E90D-4C16-A061-9648DE3001E1.png0C38C882-23E7-4280-BF91-475C27D44197.png

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
That’s nuts!! How was that even possible?! Thank goodness you noticed in time and she’s ok. That‘s definitely one for the books!

Jnics10

5 Year Member
Chicago
Some torts just LOVE to climb... Mine is a teenage (mutant, ninja) redfoot and he climbs up stairs or onto my bed all the time. He loves it. Does it for fun--as soon as he gets up on something he climbs back down so he can do it again. It's almost like he's... I dunno... showing off or something? Lol!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
This is indeed a VERY tall tale! Thanks for the laugh!! As a group, we're usually not quite this gullible.
I was all set to call BS, but looking at the photo of the whole house with the red marking on it, I can see that it could be physically possible.