300 for radiated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonHays

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oxford, Ms
If its true, you better jump all over it! Don't you have to have a permit to have those though?

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
RonHays said:
If its true, you better jump all over it! Don't you have to have a permit to have those though?

Thats what I thought (and I asked him) but he said that they have them and that he will transfer them over to me and send them with the torts.

?????????

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
To me, the ad looks like a scam.

But it won't hurt to keep communicating to see what he says.

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
Thanks guys.
I sort of knew it, but needed to hear it from you :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I would suspect it is a scam for 2 reasons the low price and the permits are only required across state lines (someone correct me if I am wrong).

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
I do a Craigslist deal nearly every day (have already done two today). If he mentions shipping, money transfer, or western union its a scam. If he wants to meet in person to make the deal I don't see how you'd get scammed so set up a time to go see them. If he sets up a time its not a scam. Good idea to bring someone with you. It's worth a shot.

PS only do cash transfers dealing with Craigslist, if he asks for any personal information walk away.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would be very careful if this is something you want to do 300.00 is very cheap. Io would ask for pics of all the torts a d more pics of the other rads and see what he comes up with. Then if sounds good, I would try to meet him for the purchase. If he can't meet you part way, I think I would keep looking.

I just notice the 2005 on the pic. Not sure what it means. I'm guessing the pic taken in 2005.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Whenever I do craigslist deals, I always meet at a police station myself.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
I agree that it's likely to be a scam. As far as a permit, yes radiated torts have to have one when going to another state but it's the buyer who holds/acquires the permit not like a health cert to cross state lines where the tortoise holds the cert. Also that radiated tort is flawless so my guess is that whoever owns her would know what they were doing and charge a lot more even.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Ok another warning flag I noticed in the ad, he has got all of the expensive tortoises.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
It's not likely a scam....it's definitely a scam.

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
The picture looks fake. It sounds like a scam to me. Don't ever do shipping and pay with cash only. I noticed that lots of scammers would list out many rare species for a cheap price.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I sent him an email asking for pictures of the rads and Aldabras available. He sent me a list of everything he had. Almost every species. The prices were all 300.00 to 350.00 for adults and price were negotiable. he said he is at this time in Georgia where he breeds them. I requested a picture of the actual tort available. That I want 3 rads, 1 male, 2 female and a hatchling to raise. I also asked for the same of the Aldabras. I told him if a deal could be made I would be picking them up. I also asked why his prices were so cheap. If he buys my email, this guy is going to think he hit the biggest idiot jack pot. Haha:D. I will let all know what he does next.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Sounds like the cameroon scam, he will most likely want you to western union the money to him, and then he will ship them to you, usually by plane.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
wellington said:
I sent him an email asking for pictures of the rads and Aldabras available. He sent me a list of everything he had. Almost every species. The prices were all 300.00 to 350.00 for adults and price were negotiable. he said he is at this time in Georgia where he breeds them. I requested a picture of the actual tort available. That I want 3 rads, 1 male, 2 female and a hatchling to raise. I also asked for the same of the Aldabras. I told him if a deal could be made I would be picking them up. I also asked why his prices were so cheap. If he buys my email, this guy is going to think he hit the biggest idiot jack pot. Haha:D. I will let all know what he does next.

I am going to guess that he also said that the tortoises will come with a health guarantee...or something of that nature?

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
The females are usually gravid (wink)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Neal said:
wellington said:

I am going to guess that he also said that the tortoises will come with a health guarantee...or something of that nature?

Not yet. But guaranteed them to me in 12 hours max. I hadn't even told him where I was from. I am sure it's a cameroon scam. I just like to f with them for a while:D

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Neal said:
It's not likely a scam....it's definitely a scam.

Ha HA ... Neal ... YUP!..... and hey 300 for the radi'? I have an Island in the Pacific I'll toss in for an extra 50 Bucks! ....

SCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCAMMMM....Or a stolen tort! BEWARE:

Status
Not open for further replies.