Very ill baby russian tortoise

Louise C

Location (City and/or State)
Edinburgh, Scotland
Very sad to report that little Henry passed away last night......I went to give him his bath and meds and he was gone. At least he is not suffering any more.

Thanks everyone for your advice and support.

X

WillTort2

5 Year Member
Sorry your tort did not make it. I feel like you were fighting a losing battle and that the problems began early in his life. For future purchases I would use a different supplier.

Louise C

Edinburgh, Scotland
Thanks WillTort2. I'm still waiting on the Herpes test coming back on Henry so if it does come up that he had this then I'm going back to the breeder to let him know and make sure he takes action to prevent this spreading.

My Vet was of the opinion that poor Henry was a hatchling failure too or maybe he was just not properly cared for before I got him and the results of that didn't show until later on. He was so active and eating well for the first few months I had him I never suspected.....now I realise he that he wasn't growing and this was a big sign. Now I've had my heart broken I'm not sure I would take on another baby tortoise, I would look for an older one preferably one I could meet before I buy!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Unless you have a necropsy done...you will never know exactly what the cause of passing was. You did your all in this situation. RIP little :tort: