Ill Bill

yillt

Billy hasn't gone to the loo in 3 days. He isn't eating his tomatoes today even though yesterday he was eating loads outside. Usually he love tomatoes. He has yawned twice this morning and he seems exhausted. This could have been because he was running around all of yesterday. I woke him up this morning because the room was cold and I wanted to Kobe him under the heat lamp. He had 2 baths yesterday and he still doesn't seem to be going to the loo. He was walking round swishing his tail again. Some people say this means he's constipated. Is he?

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
3 days is not too long. But I understand your concern. Cucumber, aloe, cactus all help move things along. Let him walk arround in a warm bath helps too so you might want to try soaking him in a bigger tub & keep freshinig the water so it stays warm.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
I woke him up this morning because the room was cold and I wanted to Kobe him under the heat lamp

Temps have a huge role in the digestive track as well as the overall outlook of the tort.....have you checked your day/night temps to assure that they are on track and remaining there--if the temp in the room that the enclosure is in has drastic lows/highs then you will want to assure that the temps are in place.....and you may have a tort that is simply consuming the poo????Not uncommon..

yillt

Ok I will check. The lamp is a specially designed for tortoises so hope fully it will be the right temp. He still isn't going to the loo as much as he should and it is now Tuesday.