Pretend Chat 2.14

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
And now you know why NOT to order "Hagfish" in a Korean restaurant even if it sounds appetizing. By the way, they're also called "Snot eels" up here from fishermen because of the slime they produce when stressed,(like when the truck they're in overtures dumping them on cars=stress).

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Supper at a new Mexican place with three of my brats and two of their guys. :)

I bought hot dogs and buns at the store today, so that's what I ate. Probably the same thing again tomorrow.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I made crockpot pork loin with garlic potatoes and carrots and added crumbled bacon to the top. Not my most health conscious meal, but it was delightful. Tonight will likely be Orange Chicken or a grilled chicken salad.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'd bet if I watched what they make up for news .

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I bought hot dogs and buns at the store today, so that's what I ate. Probably the same thing again tomorrow.

I was hungry for hot dogs. Finally broke down Monday I think it was and got a couple 79 centers from Burger King. They were pretty good.

Last edited:

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I made crockpot pork loin with garlic potatoes and carrots and added crumbled bacon to the top. Not my most health conscious meal, but it was delightful. Tonight will likely be Orange Chicken or a grilled chicken salad.
sounds kinda good.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I was hungry for hit dogs. Finally broke down Monday I think it was and got a couple 79 centers from Burger King. They were pretty good.

My favorite fast food hot dog is the Weinersnitzel mustard dog. I've not tried Burger King's, however, they're on sale right now, and the commercial makes me want to violate my once-a-week-into-town law and make a special trip.

But the dogs I ate yesterday (and today) were store bought and home cooked. I buy the Hebrew National brand. That's a pretty darned good dog.

Last edited:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Hot dogs is food you feed people when you want them to go away . You know cheap birthday party foods . Feed people them they get heartburn. They start asking for Tums . You say you don't have any . The next thing you know everybody's gone with their loud mouth kids . You're sitting back smiling because you ate the last tum.haha

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hot dogs is food you feed people when you want them to go away . You know cheap birthday party foods . Feed people them they get heartburn. They start asking for Tums . You say you don't have any . The next thing you know everybody's gone with their loud mouth kids . You're sitting back smiling because you ate the last tum.haha

I don't get heartburn from them. :p Guess you would be stuck with me.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I've never experienced heartburn, strange, huh?
I got the lamest of the super powers.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
And now you know why NOT to order "Hagfish" in a Korean restaurant even if it sounds appetizing. By the way, they're also called "Snot eels" up here from fishermen because of the slime they produce when stressed,(like when the truck they're in overtures dumping them on cars=stress).
That is absolutely disgusting. I can guarantee I will never order that in a restaurant. I bet it wasn't much fun trying to clean that up off the highway.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
That is absolutely disgusting. I can guarantee I will never order that in a restaurant. I bet it wasn't much fun trying to clean that up off the highway.

On the flip side, if you are ever offered grilled sea cucumber try it! It looks horrid when it is alive (as do most creatures that have interchangeable mouth/butt holes) but tastes like bacon when it's pan fried or grilled. add a little unagi sauce and it's sooo good.