Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
... and please! no "its a small world." That song gets stuck in my head for days!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yesterday I mailed a yearling three toe to my grand daughter in New Jersey. She called me this a.m. to say "Humphrey" arrived ok and is alert and looking good. Not hiding inside his shell, and even ate a bit. It's always a relief when they get to their destination ok. Here he is getting his first New Jersey soak:

humphrye in new jersey.JPG

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Yesterday I mailed a yearling three toe to my grand daughter in New Jersey. She called me this a.m. to say "Humphrey" arrived ok and is alert and looking good. Not hiding inside his shell, and even ate a bit. It's always a relief when they get to their destination ok. Here he is getting his first New Jersey soak:

View attachment 212480

He is so stinking cute!!!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
@bouaboua - Too bad you didn't come this week instead of last. The peaches are ripe enough to pick.
Hahahaha~~Thanks my Lady, It is the thought that counts and it is sweeter than the peaches.

I'm getting that two missing screws to you soon so you can put up other two lights.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
A nice rain (plus 2 inches) last night here at work. I figure at home we got just enough to make the day very humid to go with the hot.:confused:

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Yeah it's super crazy mega horribly insane humid today. I'm not a happy camper right now

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Just curious, is the TFO group on Facebook active? I've sent a request to join more than once and I've gotten nothing. I don't want to miss out!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Just curious, is the TFO group on Facebook active? I've sent a request to join more than once and I've gotten nothing. I don't want to miss out!

I don't think you're missing much on there. The last post was Saturday and before that was June 25.
I don't I've every posted on it.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I don't think you're missing much on there. The last post was Saturday and before that was June 25.
I don't I've every posted on it.

Thanks, with the outages that happen here I'd like to be a member there, but c'est la vie, maybe I look like a sketchy character and they don't want to let me in. :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

No, not active at all.

M

Maggie Cummings

Actually most of them are Hybrid Daylilly's, and then there are a couple of Orientrupet Lilly's. No, they're not food

I have numerous Sulcata and a couple of other grazing species. They love the day lillies. The Asiatic lily is toxic. But I've been feeding my group Day Lilly's for years without any trouble.

M

Maggie Cummings

Actually most of them are Hybrid Daylilly's, and then there are a couple of Orientrupet Lilly's. No, they're not food

Well, then I sure don't know why my group are still alive, they've been eating Day lillys I grow for them, for years. And in the summer they clean up 4 large Daylily bushes. So if they can be food for all of my tortoises without any damage, all these years, I'm sure others can too.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, then I sure don't know why my group are still alive, they've been eating Day lillys I grow for them, for years. And in the summer they clean up 4 large Daylily bushes. So if they can be food for all of my tortoises without any damage, all these years, I'm sure others can too.

Maggie - maybe the hybrids are of the asiatic variety.