Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It's too bad they tear up turtles, because I just love them. I'd love to have one as a pet, but no dice here.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I kill every wild one I can. But the one in pic the was something special I had him for years.

I can't even do more then chase them or I feel guilty. Had two youngsters pened against the fence and one started "crying". Talk about feeling mean and guilty.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I can't even do more then chase them or I feel guilty. Had two youngsters pened against the fence and one started "crying". Talk about feeling mean and guilty.
Get one of those fancy rapid fire paint ball guns and load it with different color ammo and colorize them, most likely if you can hit them they wont come back.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
My coon story of the week was going out at midnight, to see if I could chase off the two who come to the backyard. Never actually saw them that night, but think I heard them.

So I finally gave up, came around to the front of the house, opened my gate and there were four young coons. Two escaped stage right, but two went left. Threw a can and got one, as they went right. The two to the left backed up to the fence and huddled there with one "crying". I felt so bad. Ended up just yelling at them and hitting the fence further left of them, until they too took off to the right.

Last edited:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I just kill them. But I know you will not . So buy you some live traps from tractor supply. Trap them and take them far far away .

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I just kill them. But I know you will not . So buy you some live traps from tractor supply. Trap them and take them far far away .

I have a person in the area who would do that. I want to be sure everybody is old enough to be on their own. Plus hate thinking about breaking up a family unit.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
My coon story of the week was going out at midnight, to see if I could chase off the two who come to the backyard. Never actually saw them that night, but think I heard them.

So I finally gave up, came around to the front of the house, opened my gate and there were four young coons. Two escaped stage right, but two went left. Threw a can and got one, as they went right. The two to the left backed up to the fence and huddled there with one "crying". I felt so bad. Ended up just yelling at them and hitting the fence further left of them, until they too took off to the right.
Sucker!

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I rarely get bug bites but I have one on my thumb between my first and second knuckle and I'm about to just cut my hand off.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This version of "Pretend Chat" has 99,615 posts. Let's do something for the 100,000th post and who it is. I don't mind donating some sort of little prize and donating the postage to mail it to the winner. Give me some suggestions.

We can keep track of who it is by the tiny, little number just next to the "like" "reply" buttons. For example, MPRC's post right above mine here was the 99,616 post.

Play fair. Don't post any way you haven't already been posting. No bombing.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
What about a small gift card? Amazon, Home Depot, one of the many reptile supply websites, etc.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, I would like to receive something like that, however, chatters are from all over the world and many stores are not local to them. . . maybe the Amazon thing is a good idea.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
That's why I was trying to think of things that can be used online. My first thought was a coffee card and then I remembered that may not be useful everywhere. My next thought was some seeds for tortoise edible plants, but again I knew some counties wont let you import them. Darn global complications!