Pretend Chat 2.14

M

Maggie Cummings

Well I'll give you a good, proper, welcome home. Yesterday we hit 100° before noon and we'll have the same for the next two days!! I don't care for it at all. The air conditioner has been running at 78° all day! And Stanley spends lots of time in his house with the heater off just loving the shade.
I very tired right now but I like to fall asleep watching TV. In our bedroom the cable isn't hooked up yet so I watch DVDs or blu-rays in there. My problem tonight is finding one I want to fall asleep to. We've got about 100 to choose from, and I'll be asleep in about 10-15minutes when I start it, I just want it to be good. Ya know? Ok. I've picked "The Patriot" with Mel Gibson. Wish me luck.
Tomorrow I plan on doing some outdoor work, and I want it done early in the day so I can lay around all during the heat in the house. Good night all. It's only just after 1:00 am.

Be grateful you have an air conditioner, mine died and they want $3000 for another or to fix this one. We hit 103. But I was in the turtle pool with box turtles crawling over me, or basking on my belly. And if anyone is interested, Sulcata can swim. You should watch Pulp Fiction, not Mel the wimp Gibson.....
I really had fun in the pool, but I hope my neighbors didn't see this old lady in a 2 piece with animals. It's not a real pool, I dug it out myself and it holds water. Gets kinda crappy and muddy, but it was cool and fun. Box turtle poop in my hair wasn't exactly a thrill....but....

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Be grateful you have an air conditioner, mine died and they want $3000 for another or to fix this one. We hit 103. Box turtle poop in my hair wasn't exactly a thrill....but....
Trust me on this one…I love our air conditioner ! ! It's an oversized unit for a home 2-3 times larger than ours. Cold fast is good.
Concerning Chelonia poop in your hair, I don't fancy you went out courting any menfolk before at the least brushing it out, right?

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
This new house that I bought has been amazing. We don't have A/C and it's so well insulated that if we close it up when the sun is on it it stays nice and cool. We open it up at night and let the air flow and we haven't longed for an A/C unit yet. I'm going ot have to figure out heat for the winter still. It has baseboard, but I really don't trust it. Time to figure out how to use the pellet stove.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Good night folks! Poor Jeff, Sunday afternoon they "fixed" his ACU, so he had A/C. Sunday night he was back in shop for APU. His A/C had lasted about half an hour. Guess where he will be tonight and for what, the shop and the APU.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Why do they call it boob sweat ? Why not call it humidititties! Just wondering !

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I just was thinking it was a better name for it .

Bee62

Germany
Be grateful you have an air conditioner, mine died and they want $3000 for another or to fix this one. We hit 103. But I was in the turtle pool with box turtles crawling over me, or basking on my belly. And if anyone is interested, Sulcata can swim. You should watch Pulp Fiction, not Mel the wimp Gibson.....
I really had fun in the pool, but I hope my neighbors didn't see this old lady in a 2 piece with animals. It's not a real pool, I dug it out myself and it holds water. Gets kinda crappy and muddy, but it was cool and fun. Box turtle poop in my hair wasn't exactly a thrill....but....

I have a picture in my head of a box turtle pooping in your hair and it makes my smile !;) I would do the same as you... Don`t think about the poop and pee, main thing is that it is coooooold ! LOL:D

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
On my way to the zoo. My favorite place in the world . Lufkin zoo is awesome !

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yeah that sucks . I'm in Texas people are nice here .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Some of us are . I try to help anyone in need that's for sure .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
@mike taylor or @tortdad :

So I have this little, cheapy riding mower. When I bought it the battery wouldn't charge, so they gave me a different one, a Die Hard. If I'm remembering correctly, that was last summer. I bought a charger and charged the battery, and haven't had to put it on the charger since. Last week I went to mow and it was totally dead, so I hooked it up to the charger. The charger's light didn't come on and the needle was all the way up on full charged. So I thought the charger was bad and bought another one. Same thing - the light doesn't come on and the needle shows full charge. Looking at the charger's troubleshooting guide it tells me when this happens the battery is bad. What? It's practically new?

Does this sound reasonable to you? My son in law works out of town, but he said he'd come over this week-end and take the battery out so I can take it in to Sears and get another one (or maybe they can check the battery to see if it's really bad?)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Could have a bad cell in battery . Or you may just need to clean the post by removing the leads and cleaning to battery post . Most smart chargers detect bad batteries . Its possible it could be bad .

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
They don't make batteries like they use to. My truck is only 2 years old and it left me started at Home Depot last weekend..... bad cell in the battery.

Is your charger a "trickle charger"? If not you might want to get one, I always used them on my motorcycles and they work great. You plug them in when you're done mowing and it keeps a slow charge on your battery. They also zap the plates in the cells to make sure the bad stuff that forms on them fall off to the bottom of the battery.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They don't make batteries like they use to. My truck is only 2 years old and it left me started at Home Depot last weekend..... bad cell in the battery.

Is your charger a "trickle charger"? If not you might want to get one, I always used them on my motorcycles and they work great. You plug them in when you're done mowing and it keeps a slow charge on your battery. They also zap the plates in the cells to make sure the bad stuff that forms on them fall off to the bottom of the battery.

My problem is the Harbor Freight store near me employs people that are as dumb about mechanical things as I am. I thought I had bought a trickle charger, but my s.I.l. just now told me that the instructions for my charger say to unplug the charger when battery is charged, so I may have harmed the battery leaving the charger on it. S.I.l. has his battery hooked up to the battery right now and my instructions are to disconnect it at 5p and try to start the mower, and call him. It's hell when the store clerks don't know their products.