Pretend Chat 2.14

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Whew! This heat just saps the strength right out of you. I think the weatherman said we've had 10 straight days of triple digit weather, and set a record for three of those. My evaporative cooler doesn't work good when it gets up past 100F. But even so, with that and the fans I've got blowing on me, it's tolerable. But I'm not able to do anything except sit there. Supposed to get a bit cooler after the week-end.

My new baby leopards are all eating good.
It is 102 yesterday, to welcome me home??? But thanks God that today is much cooler, we had 95 as highs. :(:(

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
It is 102 yesterday, to welcome me home??? But thanks God that today is much cooler, we had 95 as highs. :(:(
Well I'll give you a good, proper, welcome home. Yesterday we hit 100° before noon and we'll have the same for the next two days!! I don't care for it at all. The air conditioner has been running at 78° all day! And Stanley spends lots of time in his house with the heater off just loving the shade.
I very tired right now but I like to fall asleep watching TV. In our bedroom the cable isn't hooked up yet so I watch DVDs or blu-rays in there. My problem tonight is finding one I want to fall asleep to. We've got about 100 to choose from, and I'll be asleep in about 10-15minutes when I start it, I just want it to be good. Ya know? Ok. I've picked "The Patriot" with Mel Gibson. Wish me luck.
Tomorrow I plan on doing some outdoor work, and I want it done early in the day so I can lay around all during the heat in the house. Good night all. It's only just after 1:00 am.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We have two lakes/dams in the vicinity, Millerton and Pine Flat. Normally they look like this:

Pine Flat:
1200px-Pine_Flat_Dam.jpg

Millerton (Friant Dam):
images

Because our present hot weather is melting the snow pack at a faster rate than expected, the lakes are full and water is being released, causing flooding along the rivers. There's a mobile home park along the Kings River (pine flat) that has been flooded and the people are displaced. Pine Flat Dam now looks like this:
2133627_1280x720.jpg

f7a97798-77c9-4b63-8fe3-8759424d17ad-large16x9_oakhurstflood.JPG

It seems to be either feast or famine in California.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Guys!!! Today is Franklins 5th birthday!!! (Gotcha day) still love the dude just as much... of not more, than the day I brought him home! <3
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1498339843.938608.jpg

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
You all shared fun adorable pictures, but I on the other hand woke up to a 102 degree fever with a cough and digestive upset only to have my boyfriend yell at Vern to "put it away" just to realize he couldn't.
So I'm puking and wrestling with what looks like a frikkin cobra coming from Vern. He some how twisted the thing at a 90 degree angle when he sucked his tail into his shell and refused to relax enough to put it back.
It took a while and it was a bit swollen, but we got it back in.
Of course medical things only happen on Sundays.
He's in the box of shame for a bit to keep him off the ladies.

1498411413729.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You all shared fun adorable pictures, but I on the other hand woke up to a 102 degree fever with a cough and digestive upset only to have my boyfriend yell at Vern to "put it away" just to realize he couldn't.
So I'm puking and wrestling with what looks like a frikkin cobra coming from Vern. He some how twisted the thing at a 90 degree angle when he sucked his tail into his shell and refused to relax enough to put it back.

View attachment 211163

glad you got it back in

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

View attachment 211163

Oh man, so sorry you're sick! I hope get relief soon.
My whole family has the flu but there's no throwing up. That's the worst:(

I hope Vern feel better too.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Good morning! Saw a rainbow on my way into work this morning. Right now, a few rain sprinkles are singing on my car's roof.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
Good morning! Right now, a few rain sprinkles are singing on my car's roof.
Yesterday we hit 102°. It was 100° before noon, and there were all those outdoor chores needing to get done that I didn't want to do, so they sat out there in the heat not getting done while I enjoyed sitting in the air-conditioned house at 78° ohh the agony of it.
When this heat breaks it'll likely be raining so I won't be-able to do the chores in the rain either, right? It's a rough life I tell you, it's rough!!!!