Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Having Mexican with some silly old man before he heads to Chicago and points beyond.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's very hot today. It got up to 110F here today. My tv room is 85F. I have a spray bottle of water and I give both Misty and I a refreshing spritz every so often. How do you Arizonans live with this?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
It's very hot today. It got up to 110F here today. My tv room is 85F. I have a spray bottle of water and I give both Misty and I a refreshing spritz every so often. How do you Arizonans live with this?
Drink more water during the day , take more breaks and longer breaks ! And at night drink more Buds !

Ruskietort

phoenix, az
Good thing I like lemonade, life has been handing me lots of lemons.
When life gives me lemons, I freeze them hard as rocks and them throw them at the people that are pissing me off! ;) Screw making lemonade!
Sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time lately. Hopefully things will work out in your favor soon.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Here are 2 google app satellite pictures to show you, Ken before and Ken after. Before, look at all those neighbors! ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1497956080.424579.jpg Ken now!!!!ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1497956118.725963.jpg
And poor Ava! All her life she's had the run of her acres just to run like a free loving dog. Now? Well I guess there's a dog park close.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Most Arizonas don't have swamp coolers anymore. I had a house will a swamp cooler and it was rough. Especially when monsoon season brought the humidity level up. Swamp coolers don't work for squat when it's humid out.

You be set pretty good if you got yourself a little window AC unit for the living room.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I hated my swamp cooler.... I threatened one time to burn the whole house down over that stupid cooler, lol. Just make sure your son in law does the maintenance on it so it's working as best it can.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I hated my swamp cooler.... I threatened one time to burn the whole house down over that stupid cooler, lol. Just make sure your son in law does the maintenance on it so it's working as best it can.

It costs too much to run the AC. I have a roof mounted unit that's about 20 years old, but only has about two hour of run time on it.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Poor Jeff, his truck's A/C just died. Jeff doesn't do well with heat.