Pretend Chat 2.14

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
Poor Jeff, his truck's A/C just died. Jeff doesn't do well with heat.

The blend door actuator on truck stopped working so I didn't have AC for like 4 years. I got around to fixing it now that I don't drive that truck anymore. haha, so AC has like 1/2 the miles on it as the truck

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
He's just sitting and staring at me...like he has no idea that his head is encased in mush.
1498075868321.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The blend door actuator on truck stopped working so I didn't have AC for like 4 years. I got around to fixing it now that I don't drive that truck anymore. haha, so AC has like 1/2 the miles on it as the truck

yeah but do you live in the truck? Those metal boxes are horrible in both hot and cold weather. I seldom use AC in my car.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Goodest of good mornings!
View attachment 210950

What is that? I don't think I've ever seen that before.

I had to go to the vet to pick up more anti-pee pills for Misty, so I brought my newest stray kitty, Sterling, along to make sure he hasn't already been neutered. The vet took one look under the tail and disdainfully said, "This is a female." Well, SHE has two little tufts of hair on either side of the pee pee place and I could have sworn he was male! So Sterling has an appointment for next Tuesday to be spayed.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
What is that? I don't think I've ever seen that before.

I had to go to the vet to pick up more anti-pee pills for Misty, so I brought my newest stray kitty, Sterling, along to make sure he hasn't already been neutered. The vet took one look under the tail and disdainfully said, "This is a female." Well, SHE has two little tufts of hair on either side of the pee pee place and I could have sworn he was male! So Sterling has an appointment for next Tuesday to be spayed.

Honest mistake, when I was a vet assistant I never wrote down a cat's sex in pen until I or the doctor looked for ourselves, more than once we had them come in to be castrated only to leave spayed.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Hi guys,
I'm sitting in the ER with a sick kid in Mammoth. We are camping about 20 miles away and she got worse so waiting to see dr.

We have no service camping except at the hospital and my friend sent this pic of a tortoise who needs a home. What is it? They said desert.
It looks very dry to me.
I don't think I can take in a tort.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1498158948.416496.jpg

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Sorry about your kid

That looks like a CDT to me

Thank you! She got cough syrup and just needs to rest. Which she has been doing. Thank goodness we are in a 5th wheel and not a tent.
She sleeps about 20 hours a day.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Thank you! She got cough syrup and just needs to rest. Which she has been doing. Thank goodness we are in a 5th wheel and not a tent.
She sleeps about 20 hours a day.

Horrible way to vacation.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Whew! This heat just saps the strength right out of you. I think the weatherman said we've had 10 straight days of triple digit weather, and set a record for three of those. My evaporative cooler doesn't work good when it gets up past 100F. But even so, with that and the fans I've got blowing on me, it's tolerable. But I'm not able to do anything except sit there. Supposed to get a bit cooler after the week-end.

My new baby leopards are all eating good.