Pretend Chat 2.14

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Just another clear example that Budweiser rots the brain. Now a clear headed, "Coors Original" drinker knows that the 18th is FATHERS DAY, and that GRANDFATHERS DAY this year is September the 10, Sunday.
In that I'm both, a father and a grandfather, I'll gladly take 2 days over 1 day any day of the year. Get it? Any day? 2 days??l LOL ! I crack myself up I'm telling you.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Good morning all!
and those mothers, who act the part of a dad.[/QUOTE]
Good morning to you as well Jacque. As you've stated, I certainly wish I'd had,(redundant?) the clarity to have wished my Mom a happy Father's Day as well as Mother's Day. She raised 6 kids on her own, by herself, she got sick Friday nights and better Sunday nights, never called in sick. I know you've read it before, but "Most days I miss her." Deeply.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
@Yvonne G , don't you live in the Fresno area? I ask because I came across this fun uplifting tid-bit of info for you ;
FRESNO-MADERA, CALIF.

Fresno and neighboring Madera suffer from a trifecta of traffic, sunshine, and agriculture.

The ALA says there is growing evidence that breathing pollution near busy roads may not only worsen diseases over time, but also increase the risk of chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, asthma, and COPD.

This region of the San Joaquin Valley ranks among the worst for ozone and short-term particle pollution—fourth and second spots, respectively.

This ranks it number four in the
USofA for bad air. At least you're not in Bakersfield, right?
Source:
http://amp.timeinc.net/health/health/gallery/0,,20490855,00.html?source=dam

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just outside of Fresno, yes. Why, what have you heard? Are the Russians coming, the Russians coming, the Russians coming? Is the earth going to break off and drop us into the ocean? Will there be a big flood of monumental proportions? Of is it just going to be 110F degrees today. Oh, if that's all. . . piece of cake!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't know if you edited your post or if it just didn't post fully before I read it and responded. But all that stuff after your first sentence wasn't there when I responded

I'm pretty far away from any freeways, but I guess the ozone pall could just lay down over the whole valley. I'll be sure to wear my oxygen mask when outside.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I don't know if you edited your post or if it just didn't post fully before I read it and responded. But all that stuff after your first sentence wasn't there when I responded

I'm pretty far away from any freeways, but I guess the ozone pall could just lay down over the whole valley. I'll be sure to wear my oxygen mask when outside.
Yes dear, I edited it after posting it. Edited it to include everything else after my opening question. All the data is clean, unedited.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I love when my 1pm tells me they are "slightly delayed" and my 2pm shows up first. Make me wait and I guess you get to wait now too.