Hello...new to site.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
Well, hello and welcome to you Kevin McCarty. Looking forward to seeing pics of your torts/turtles. You have a Scots name. I have Scots ancestors named McCarthy. We from Jamaica are all "mixed up" from long time!

kevin mccarty

Sorry, no high horse here, no guy here either. There are lots of us that don't wait to see if a new member is going to come back and ask for help or admit they aren't doing things wrong. We have many that come on to intro themselves or are looking for another tort and never come back for help, they are only interested in getting a wanted post out there. So, because some of us care about the well being of your tortoises, and that you don't go thru needless loses, we try to get info out right away incase they never come back again. My way and the way of many others. Don't like it that's fine. However, I wasn't nasty to you in my post and you should not be so nasty in your response. Again, I didn't accuse you of anything, I made a suggestion. If your not doing what I suggested, then it shouldn't have bothered you to begin with.
This is a friendly helpful forum that won't tolerate name calling. I never called you anything or suggested you were anything or doing anything. Most of us are here to help others, suggest things when we see, or read that something possibly have been over looked, missed, or just done badly or wrong. All in the care of your tortoise. I don't act like I know more then anyone. I have said many times, I learned all I know from this forum and now the few years that I have had tortoises and remained on this forum.
I have had many thank me for the way I answer threads, even intro threads and yes a few that don't. The do's are much higher then the Don'ts. I will stick to my way and no that most of the time I may have helped someone or their tort.
Look, let's drop it. You aren't going to change and I'm not going to change. You obviously think no one can do a better job than yourself on husbandry of torts, that's cool, I get it. You want to help others, just going about it wrong. All good. Some of us have been keeping torts all our lives and when someone, whom we do not know, suddenly pops up and starts to lecture it is annoying. So, having said all that let's start over and you welcome me to the forum and ask simple questions without assuming anything..

kevin mccarty

Well, hello and welcome to you Kevin McCarty. Looking forward to seeing pics of your torts/turtles. You have a Scots name. I have Scots ancestors named McCarthy. We from Jamaica are all "mixed up" from long time!
Ha Ha perfect, mccartys from jamaica....I was in jamaica a few years back and loved it. Beautiful place.

kevin mccarty

A Greek tort whose name is Oli. :<3: I've had him for almost six years now, and he's a real spoiled brat: he refuses to eat alone. I have to hand feed him. I don't mind it, but at times I'm just NOT IN THE MOOD, I'm busy, I'm out. :(
I lived in Greece for a few years and had a couple of Greek torts crawling around the house. Great torts....how did you come up with the name of Oli?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Look, let's drop it. You aren't going to change and I'm not going to change. You obviously think no one can do a better job than yourself on husbandry of torts, that's cool, I get it. You want to help others, just going about it wrong. All good. Some of us have been keeping torts all our lives and when someone, whom we do not know, suddenly pops up and starts to lecture it is annoying. So, having said all that let's start over and you welcome me to the forum and ask simple questions without assuming anything..
I agree, except stop accusing me of thinking I know more or can do better then anyone else!
I didn't accuse you of anything, as I dont know you, as you said, yet you accuse me of things and don't know me! so stop accusing me!
So, hello and welcome can we see pics of your torts and enclosures, we love pics.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I lived in Greece for a few years and had a couple of Greek torts crawling around the house. Great torts....how did you come up with the name of Oli?
I love football (not American football though), and I am MADLY in LOVE with OLIVER KAHN :<3: who was the goal-keeper of the German national team until he retired. Now his nickname is "Oli" so I decided to name my tort "Oli" as I have fallen in love with both. :D

Yep great torts, but somewhat stubborn. ;)

kevin mccarty

I agree, except stop accusing me of thinking I know more or can do better then anyone else!
I didn't accuse you of anything, as I dont know you, as you said, yet you accuse me of things and don't know me! so stop accusing me!
So, hello and welcome can we see pics of your torts and enclosures, we love pics.
I like you. You are a passionate person. I like passionate folks who care about their torts and turtles, I promise not to accuse you of being a know it all. (lol)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Some pics of the current crew...George the Sulcata, Lester the Leopard, Mocha the Black, these three were guests for the summer, and the my two diamondbacks when they were much younger.
Lovely! Thanks for posting.

Take good care of them.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hi I'm also new on here how can I make a post
Hi, Brianna, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.
You just made your first post.
If you mean to create a new thread of your own then if you are on a PC go to the forum you need, for example introductions and click on the green POST NEW THREAD icon to the top right of the page.