Hello...new to site.

kevin mccarty

Hi...I am a long time tort/turt owner with a variety of torts and turtles and always looking for another. i am currently searching for a Black Mountain tort (female) to add to the family. I have a sulcata named George, a black mountain tort named Mocha and a south african leopard by the name of lester. I have a couple of aquatics as well.

Looking for that female Burmese Black Tort....any one know of someone who may have one available?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. Sure hope you are not housing different species together. Really not healthy for them, let alone the size differences.
Remain as a participating member so we get to know you more, otherwise our members won't be so inclined to sell to you.

kevin mccarty

Hello and Welcome. Sure hope you are not housing different species together. Really not healthy for them, let alone the size differences.
Remain as a participating member so we get to know you more, otherwise our members won't be so inclined to sell to you.
Before you start to unload your knowledge on me or others you should try to get to know those folks and determine if they may or may not know more or less than you.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hi...I am a long time tort/turt owner with a variety of torts and turtles and always looking for another. i am currently searching for a Black Mountain tort (female) to add to the family. I have a sulcata named George, a black mountain tort named Mocha and a south african leopard by the name of lester. I have a couple of aquatics as well.

Looking for that female Burmese Black Tort....any one know of someone who may have one available?
Hello, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.:)
Our Breeders list has a couple of possibilities under Manouria emys emys.
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/breeders-list.64666/

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Before you start to unload your knowledge on me or others you should try to get to know those folks and determine if they may or may not know more or less than you.
Wow, nice way to join a forum where I'm only trying to inform you of info that most likely can't be found out On the net and where we have many long time tort owners join that really know nothing even though they think they do. Also thinking about the well being of your torts. Besides I didn't accuse you of doing it, just suggested why it's not good to do. Bad attitude won't get you far, specially when your new and unknown to us, looking for someone to sell you a tort that's not cheap and hard to come by.
Good luck with that

kevin mccarty

Wow, nice way to join a forum where I'm only trying to inform you of info that most likely can't be found out On the net and where we have many long time tort owners join that really know nothing even though they think they do. Also thinking about the well being of your torts. Besides I didn't accuse you of doing it, just suggested why it's not good to do. Bad attitude won't get you far, specially when your new and unknown to us, looking for someone to sell you a tort that's not cheap and hard to come by.
Good luck with that
I can see you're not the guy to speak with, arrogant and full of himself. You should know the way to start a conversation with some one on any forum isn't to begin by telling them what you think they may or may not be doing right. Ask first then get on your high horse and preach, otherwise keep it to yourself.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I can see you're not the guy to speak with, arrogant and full of himself. You should know the way to start a conversation with some one on any forum isn't to begin by telling them what you think they may or may not be doing right. Ask first then get on your high horse and preach, otherwise keep it to yourself.
Sorry, no high horse here, no guy here either. There are lots of us that don't wait to see if a new member is going to come back and ask for help or admit they aren't doing things wrong. We have many that come on to intro themselves or are looking for another tort and never come back for help, they are only interested in getting a wanted post out there. So, because some of us care about the well being of your tortoises, and that you don't go thru needless loses, we try to get info out right away incase they never come back again. My way and the way of many others. Don't like it that's fine. However, I wasn't nasty to you in my post and you should not be so nasty in your response. Again, I didn't accuse you of anything, I made a suggestion. If your not doing what I suggested, then it shouldn't have bothered you to begin with.
This is a friendly helpful forum that won't tolerate name calling. I never called you anything or suggested you were anything or doing anything. Most of us are here to help others, suggest things when we see, or read that something possibly have been over looked, missed, or just done badly or wrong. All in the care of your tortoise. I don't act like I know more then anyone. I have said many times, I learned all I know from this forum and now the few years that I have had tortoises and remained on this forum.
I have had many thank me for the way I answer threads, even intro threads and yes a few that don't. The do's are much higher then the Don'ts. I will stick to my way and no that most of the time I may have helped someone or their tort.