Hello...new to site.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi...I am a long time tort/turt owner with a variety of torts and turtles and always looking for another. i am currently searching for a Black Mountain tort (female) to add to the family. I have a sulcata named George, a black mountain tort named Mocha and a south african leopard by the name of lester. I have a couple of aquatics as well.

Looking for that female Burmese Black Tort....any one know of someone who may have one available?

I'm not sure if Vic Morgan sells the bigger sexable ones, but he does have many, many babies every year - http://www.defyingdestiny.org/

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Kevin, and welcome to the Forum!

What do you mean those tortoises were guests this past summer?

I used to have 1.2 Mep here at my place but this past summer my tortoise partner, who lives in San Diego, took them home with him. Almost immediately upon settling in the biggest female built a nest and deposited many eggs, most of which hatched. Will (my partner) is hanging onto the babies until they're old enough to put pit tags in them then they'll be for sale, but we don't know the gender.

I've seen the occasional male for sale, but I guess the females are few and far between.

Sorry about the wrong foot thing with Wellington. We're so tuned in to new members being real tortoise care newbies, that we forget sometimes we may get an experienced person too. Many years ago I did almost the same thing to a new member. They were saying about all these different species they had - more expensive species, and I just assumed they had jumped in with both feet, not knowing anything. They really never forgave me and never spoke to me again. It looks like you and Barb (Wellington) are ok now. And that's good!

We're very glad to have experienced members join to share their knowledge with the group. Some time, if you think about it, can we see your enclosures?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Never mind about my guest question. The picture just now finally loaded and I see you were talking about the box turtles. Got it!

kevin mccarty

Hi Kevin, and welcome to the Forum!

What do you mean those tortoises were guests this past summer?

I used to have 1.2 Mep here at my place but this past summer my tortoise partner, who lives in San Diego, took them home with him. Almost immediately upon settling in the biggest female built a nest and deposited many eggs, most of which hatched. Will (my partner) is hanging onto the babies until they're old enough to put pit tags in them then they'll be for sale, but we don't know the gender.

I've seen the occasional male for sale, but I guess the females are few and far between.

Sorry about the wrong foot thing with Wellington. We're so tuned in to new members being real tortoise care newbies, that we forget sometimes we may get an experienced person too. Many years ago I did almost the same thing to a new member. They were saying about all these different species they had - more expensive species, and I just assumed they had jumped in with both feet, not knowing anything. They really never forgave me and never spoke to me again. It looks like you and Barb (Wellington) are ok now. And that's good!

We're very glad to have experienced members join to share their knowledge with the group. Some time, if you think about it, can we see your enclosures?
No problem with Barb....I understand. (i was really just having some fun with her, i do appreciate her for caring enough to keep at me).