Your Thoughts on Breeds? (Greek, Hermann, Russian)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anm1221

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
I've looked around a lot and researched a lot but I always find the same answers and same responses online. And some I cant find responses on at all. I'm a first timer and this will be my first Tort so i am a beginner.
I've been posting threads all day asking questions and gettting advice so I know i've been a little annoying but I'm just really trying to know everything I can before going out and getting one.

So please can you tell me a little about these guys and So interesting facts. I've heard russians are full of personality and are a joy to have.

TortoiseLuv0131

5 Year Member
Eastern USA
Yes you are absolutely right about the Russians! :D I love mine; she is so full of personality. They do need a lot of space, though; I have mine right now in a ZooMed Tortoise House but a member of this forum advised me that it was too small so I'm going to build her a 5'x10' cage very soon :D.

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
I have my russian housed in the Zoomed box to, but only for night time. During the day he is outside in his 4x11 enclosure. The bigger you can make it the better.

Sent from my iPhone using TortoiseForum mobile app

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Russians have a lot of personality and do need space... they are also excellent climbers and diggers, so you do need your wits about you!

Mediterranean torts, including Russians and Greeks, are largely solitary in the wild. They meet up to mate and move on. They don't get lonely, want company or share nicely once they stop being babies. Groups of 3 or more can work in large outdoor enclosures. Don't get talked into buying a pair unless you are able to have two enclosures!

anm1221

5 Year Member
Maryland
JoesMum said:
Russians have a lot of personality and do need space... they are also excellent climbers and diggers, so you do need your wits about you!

Mediterranean torts, including Russians and Greeks, are largely solitary in the wild. They meet up to mate and move on. They don't get lonely, want company or share nicely once they stop being babies. Groups of 3 or more can work in large outdoor enclosures. Don't get talked into buying a pair unless you are able to have two enclosures!

thank you. ive heard they are solitary

Status
Not open for further replies.