Linhdan Nguyen

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Wow! amazing photos! must have a very nice camera :D

I'll leave you to guess which of these was taken with a cell phone, which with a 3.2 megapixel point and shoot and which with $10k of professional equipment. I'm going to toss in one photo taken on a disposable film camera with a good understanding of lighting, shutter speeds, film ISO and neutral density filters for sh*** and giggles. .

Hopefully this conveys that it's NOT about the equipment. It's about the photographer. It's like complimenting someone's oven for a good cake.

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
@LaDukePhoto I'm guessing the last one?!
Why do you do this to me :p
I said about the camera because of the up close ladybird and know that phones can't get that close :D

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
@spudthetortoise - If you want a phone with amazing camera capabilities the LG G4 focuses incredibly close. I don't have it in my hand right now but i will try to remember to post something from it.

Razan

5 Year Member
Riverside, CA
@spudthetortoise - If you want a phone with amazing camera capabilities the LG G4 focuses incredibly close. I don't have it in my hand right now but i will try to remember to post something from it.

Thank you for this post. Just today that question for a good photo taking phone passed through my mind. We sorely need updated phones.

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
Decent pic from the G4, my yard snake. View attachment 176110
Wow, that does get close. My IPhone 6s takes nice pics but can't get that close. I took these pics on my iPhone:
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1465025468.322791.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1465025530.559972.jpg
I love close up pictures of animals so I was thinking of getting a magnifying filter to put on my camera and if I like it, look into a macro lens. Do you have any experience of these?