Yearling Pangshura Smithii

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Well couldn't find an adult female brown roof turtle for my male. So I got 5 yearling unrelated guys. They are so cool. I call them paddle feet. If any of you don't know much about roofed turtles they have massive hind feet with ginormous webs. They stay quite small too. Excellent swimmers.

Here's my mom receiving the shipment and putting them in a 250 gallon tub. They are shy turtles though and scatter when they see you, even the adult male we have.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Cute little one...

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Man ! Kelly I'm in for some turtle overload when I go back to your place .

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Man ! Kelly I'm in for some turtle overload when I go back to your place .
Haha yep. Since you were here. I think I have added over 40 new ones. Next time you come down you will be shocked. Lots of progress with outdoor enclosures and pathways.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I've been checking your pictures out very nice .

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Pangshura is really a rockstar genus. I actually like smithii most of all, which is really saying something, considering the species in that taxa!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Pangshura is really a rockstar genus. I actually like smithii most of all, which is really saying something, considering the species in that taxa!
Indeed. Silhouettes are awesome too. Don't believe those are kept here though. Not that I'm aware of. But I'm sure somebody has some in an old
Collection

michiganice91

5 Year Member
Really? I think the tecta are gorgeous. The smithii are a little dull colored in my opinion. Too bad the ESA is messed up and wont allow for tecta. Cool turtles you have nonetheless.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Really? I think the tecta are gorgeous. The smithii are a little dull colored in my opinion. Too bad the ESA is messed up and wont allow for tecta. Cool turtles you have nonetheless.
Yeah, I don't know... Just something about their blue eyes, and that grey skin with blushing cheeks. They are truly amazing. If they were higher priority in terms of necessitating conservation type efforts, I'd already have some. It's so great to see them for so affordable right now. They are currently 450 each to TTPG members.