Christmas in May (new arrivals)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
well I splurged a little bit off the sale of my house. Some new species to work with have arrived today.

A nice LTC group of 2.4 Asian leaf turtles. image.jpeg

Batagur Borneoensis and Batagur Affinis. 6 total from unrelated parent stock. Hopeful for a 1.2 of each species. But I'm sure they will all be female(hope not)
image.jpeg
Small now. But will be mammoths in no time.
image.jpeg

A femalE Dalmatian Hermanns for my male.image.jpeg

A hopeful 1.2 black marsh turtles. I have 2 of these on loan with another keeper that has a lone male. Figured I snag some and keep them at the facility. Love these guys.
image.jpeg

And a nice 0.0.6 Notechelys Platynota. These guys are awesome. Doing very very well so far. Very difficult species to acclimate into captivity. Very little is known of these guys and data deficient, but increasing threatened by Chinese food consumption.
image.jpeg

And a lovely adult male pangshura smithi. Such cool turtles. Also have 6 yearlings in route tomorrow. Love pangshura. They are super cool turtles to watch swim around huge hind flipper feet.
image.jpeg

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Oh can't forget about the panda turtles (as my brother and mom call them)
Podocnemis Vogli. These are a lot like the unifilis but come
From Venezuela/ Columbia rivers. They're much smaller than unifilis/expansa. They look like pandas in the face. 1.2
image.jpeg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Some of your first pics didn't show, for me anyway.
And a little splurge? Wow, can't wait to see what your big splurge would be:D
Congrats Kelly, really happy for you:)

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Sweet! it really is like christmas in may. Can't wait to see them grow. I want Christmas soon. Maybe june :p

Kyle

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I never get Christmas gifts is so I buy what I want .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Hey you can get a ring tone for your phone that says .....I like turtles in a kids voice.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Is there going to be Christmas in June also?? I do hope so. So more for us to see when your Zoo are open to public.

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
well I splurged a little bit off the sale of my house. Some new species to work with have arrived today.

A nice LTC group of 2.4 Asian leaf turtles. View attachment 174834

Batagur Borneoensis and Batagur Affinis. 6 total from unrelated parent stock. Hopeful for a 1.2 of each species. But I'm sure they will all be female(hope not)
View attachment 174835
Small now. But will be mammoths in no time.
View attachment 174836

A femalE Dalmatian Hermanns for my male.View attachment 174837

A hopeful 1.2 black marsh turtles. I have 2 of these on loan with another keeper that has a lone male. Figured I snag some and keep them at the facility. Love these guys.
View attachment 174838

And a nice 0.0.6 Notechelys Platynota. These guys are awesome. Doing very very well so far. Very difficult species to acclimate into captivity. Very little is known of these guys and data deficient, but increasing threatened by Chinese food consumption.
View attachment 174839

And a lovely adult male pangshura smithi. Such cool turtles. Also have 6 yearlings in route tomorrow. Love pangshura. They are super cool turtles to watch swim around huge hind flipper feet.
View attachment 174840
Very cute little ones! :) I like their cute feet! I hope they all live long, healthy, and happy lives! :<3: