worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Im not sure if my tortoise has worms or if it was from his food? He is a wild caught red foot, he was dewormed once before I got him (Panacur) as a precaution. What exactly do the worms look like, how long etc. Yesterday he ate an entire pellet of Zoo Med Forest, I was trying to see if he would just eat it without greens, and he did. Today he ate his greens and grass and took a big poop afterwards, during his soak. It looked like hay in the poop, but the strands were long and the Zoo Med pellets dont seem to have strands that long. Ive had him for a month, first time he has had a poop like this. The strands are about 2 inches long. I dont have a picture either sorry.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I cant post pics from my phone, if someone PMs me an email I could email them a picture. He pooped some more just now and they are stringy fibers, I am pretty sure it was the food i just second guess.because the food pellets have such finely chopped pieces of hay

-.- i just started adding grass to his diet a few days ago also, conpletely forgot, thats what it is.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
what about lettuce? it can be fibery...
but if only wormed once.. he might need it again.. the only way to tell for sure is to take a fecal sample to the vet for test...

theelectraco

5 Year Member
It was the grass. I started growing some in his enclosure and it has been his favorite snack, I just totally forgot. I dont feed him any lettuce. Tbh, i dont think he ever had worms, but he did have a URI and the vet dewormed him as a precaution( at this point he was still property of my work) I purchased him a few days later so I could treat his URI at home (I was planning on purchasing him before he got sick)

Rover15

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario canada
theelectraco said:
I cant post pics from my phone, if someone PMs me an email I could email them a picture. He pooped some more just now and they are stringy fibers, I am pretty sure it was the food i just second guess.because the food pellets have such finely chopped pieces of hay

-.- i just started adding grass to his diet a few days ago also, conpletely forgot, thats what it is.

As far as pictures go can you get to tinypic.com on your phone? I find it is a great site to post larger then thumb nail pictures on a thread and the only way I have been able to post a picture in a pm. I do it both on my bb9900 and my laptop when needed worth a shot

P.s. Glad to hear it wasn't worms :D

Status
Not open for further replies.