WORK IN PROGRESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bay Area
Yeah I considered that too.....I wanted to put a bridge over the water..make a loft type area...but it is true the water get muddy...but i have to change it everyday anyway

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Mid Willamette Valley, Or
well a loft area might work ive seen some that were very cool and were a great added feature which adds alot of space HOWEVER the bridge idea over the water id shy away from, i have a hide that my male ocationally falls off of and gets stuck on his back, (when a turtle is on his back he attempts to roll over by pushing with his head) now imagine this in a water bowl. im thinking of an acidental drowning : O

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
yeah I thought of that too..i will figure something out...i would make it wider with a wall....ive seen stuff done, howeverits hard when you dont have the proper materials..and the petstore fabricated stuff is so expensive....

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
That's very true ! Thank god that my neighbor has a wood shop in his garage and that my fiance helps me with the plans for building stuff. Last weekend we built a light stand .. could have bought one for $30 but we got scrap wood from home depot and built the stand for 25 CENTS !! U can't get better than that !!

jkingler

5 Year Member
^LUCKY! Wish I had a woodshop next door, haha. Well done!

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
I wanted to get some real plants...i just need to make a list and hit the nursery....i will someday..haha....the turtles really like it..when they are roaming around and not snoozing...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.