sick turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjohn

5 Year Member
20130916_162403.jpg20130916_162315-1.jpgFor the past 50 days i have been nursing my ornate box turtle booger back to health so about two months ago i woke up check all my babies a usual i noticed boogers eyes were shut and she would not eat tried every thing omelet live food cantelope turtle food from pet store soaking in baby food nothing would work she just wouldn't eat she had gotten so bad i told my wife our poor little booger is not goin to make it past the night so i thought an thought what can i do aol i got a syringe put baby food in it an force fed her she fought with me so every day for over twenty day i did this noticing a little bit of her coming back every day so after that i started moving her to solid foods but the only way she would eat if i had her in one hand and the food in other had other than that she would not eat on her own so Im proud to say now for the past week and a half she's been eating on her own now so releaved .and along with force feeding soaked her in warm water do at least five hours a day an raised temps she is making a good recovery a good reason why you should quarantine your new turtles / tortoise .i had her for two weeks before she started getting sick. here she is getting better

Last edited by a moderator:

bigjohn

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Good job. Glad she is doing better. Hopefully she continues.

Thanks an i hope so little by little she's doing better hopefully it keeps up

Status
Not open for further replies.