Wood Turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
So a few weeks ago a lady came to my house, I was expecting two yearling sullys instead I ended up with two sullys a DT and a wood turtle.

Since I don't currently have wood turtles I want to find this girl a wonderful home with someone that already has wood turtles and knows there care.

She was treated as a painted turtle for her 12 years so far, only fed romaine, apples, and corn on the cob along with some turtle sticks. Also her housemate was a 8 yr old DT. needless to say she lost her friend when she came here.

She will need some TLC as she was not properly fed, currently all she will eat for me is her reptomin and earthworms, occasionally a little veggie & fruit but not much.

As I said I will only rehome her to someone that already has wood turtles!! No adoption fee, but if you are outside of AZ you will need to pay for shipping.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
jenrell23 said:
So a few weeks ago a lady came to my house, I was expecting two yearling sullys instead I ended up with two sullys a DT and a wood turtle.

Since I don't currently have wood turtles I want to find this girl a wonderful home with someone that already has wood turtles and knows there care.

She was treated as a painted turtle for her 12 years so far, only fed romaine, apples, and corn on the cob along with some turtle sticks. Also her housemate was a 8 yr old DT. needless to say she lost her friend when she came here.

She will need some TLC as she was not properly fed, currently all she will eat for me is her reptomin and earthworms, occasionally a little veggie & fruit but not much.

As I said I will only rehome her to someone that already has wood turtles!! No adoption fee, but if you are outside of AZ you will need to pay for shipping.
If I remember correctly she is an ornate central american wood. I have a rescue also who had many of the same issues as your girl and has since learned the joys of worms, mushy fruit, wading pools, and digging for goodies. If you find no takers in your area I'd be interested. I'll pay shipping from Az to Davenport, Ia.

Status
Not open for further replies.