Winter food

Jodimsteinberg5

Location (City and/or State)
Knoxville
Where can I buy dandelion greens or any other suitable greens for Dozer in the winter months? Is there a website? Not having any luck around town other than cactus pads and grocery store greens.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Where can I buy dandelion greens or any other suitable greens for Dozer in the winter months? Is there a website? Not having any luck around town other than cactus pads and grocery store greens.
Is there a Whole Foods near you? They usually have them.

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
I’m flipping out when our weeds and flowers start dying, I’m trying to introduce Timothy and orchid hay and the grasslands pellets, no luck [emoji20]

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
I wonder how much? We have a refrigerator under patio that went out, going to attempt to turn it into a greenhouse [emoji849]

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings...

Our International Mart here sells dandelion by the pound..roughly $2.50 per pound. I think it is really chickory but the stalks and leaves look like dandelion and sold as dandelion and our Sully eats it like dandelion. So win win.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
It looks like you have an Aldi's they have a great selection of organic produce, then Traders Joes as well. Earth Fare seems to specialize in organic produce. Ingels and Food City and 'The Fresh Market are there too. You have many choices for grocery stores.

Escarole, Radicchio, Collards, Kale(s), Arugula (Rocket), the leaf lettuces. You're covered. Be sure to increase the fiber by moistening grass pellets and blending/mixing them in with these greens.

design

Port Huron, Michigan
Just a FYI I get dandelion greens from Meijer but they do not last very long. I found in my experience they last about 3 to 4 days max. So buy only for a few days and not a week. On the other hand collars green last a llloooooonnnnngggg time. So buy small amounts of the selections mentioned above and test freshness.